London Broil

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Did a bit of searching and found your MOJO, GONNA TRY IT

Mojo:
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced ( I use minced from jar)
  • 1 jalapeno, minced (Used crushed red peppers instead 1 ½ tsp)
  • 1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped (used 1 tblsp Parsley)
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper)
  • 2 limes, juiced (used one of the store bought lime juice limes, around ½ cup)
  • 1 orange, juiced (used store bought OJ, around ½ cup)
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • ¼ cup bitter orange
  • ½ cup red onion chopped
Finely chop and mix together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it up really well to combine. Use as a marinade for chicken or beef or as a table condiment.
Yield: approximately 1 1/4 cups

If I sear a total 5 minutes the thing will be near done.

What do you think of substituting with Italian dressing?
 Well I am using a gas grill to sear and what I do is crank it up high, lid closed. Then before putting it on, I lower all burners to low and throw on the meat. Once side gets more than the other. As I said, sometimes I don't even bother. I just don't see that it helps that much.

You can try the dressing, although I would get the Zesty Italian.  mojo has a lot of citrus in it.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky