Lodge 8 quart Dutch Oven

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’m just getting into cast iron cooking myself, assuming your Dutch oven is cast iron. They produce a great flavor once you get seasoned well.

Love all my cast iron, but like wood cutting boards, they are a commitment to not be taken lightly. You take care of it and it will serve you and who ever you leave it to well beyond your years.

Reactions: dcecil
Have 2 cast iron pans and a cast iron Dutch oven already, used for indoor cooking.

Purchased the 8 quart cast iron oven specifically to get into campfire cooking.

Question for you experienced guys-

The oven is pre-seasoned, but do you recommend any other preparation prior to first use?

Thanks

My first cook in any cast iron, pre seasoned ( like my new Stargazer pan) or seasoned by me is bacon or breakfast sausage, and lots of it. My grandmother taught me that, I use the same pan today she did back then. My grown son is already eyeing it. It's our go to pan for steaks in the house.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky