Lockers made into smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Weaversbbq

Original poster
Jan 26, 2021
I aquired a school locker cabinet..3 upper doors 3lower doors ....anyone think it would be a feasible cabinet smoker ..all steel ..6ft tall .4ft wide .. 1ft deep ....Thanks for replies ....

I’ve never made my own. But I would think the Biggest issue would probably be getting the paint off of it and sealing it. And overall durability of it. If I had an old locker like that I’d use it to store all my grilling equipment. Rather than make it into a smoker.

Reactions: Weaversbbq
Put together and set my share of those . That's some pretty thin metal .
So is the metal on lots of propane and electric smokers. My GOSM propane smoker is really thin ( can’t believe it’s almost 20 years old). Then for really thin theirs the still popular Luhr Jensen Big and Little Chief smokers.

As mentioned your biggest hurdle will be getting the paint off. There are others that have used lockers before. It probably would work bestfir things like jerky, sausage, things that don’t require higher temp smoking.
Would make a great cold smoker using a smoke tube or smoke generator.

my GOSM doesn’t seal well and leaks all over. That’s why it’s my go to cold smoker, jerky, sausage and fish smoker.I can run it up the high temps if needed but it really shines at the lower ones.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky