Featured Local fruit wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingLad

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 8, 2020
Guys have you ever tried jack fruit wood on smoking? Is it good? Can you describe me whats the result if you ever tried.. im from the philippines and want to try the local woods we have because buying imported fruit wood costs me a lot and its been time cinsuming waiting for the delivery.. so am trying the local woods we have.

Not a clue, but I did see my first jack fruit the other day, take a stout fellar to pick a load of those lol, not sure how they taste . if they were from here I would know .

Reactions: SmokingLad
The Jackfruit tree is in the same plant family as fig and mulberry. These two woods are suitable for smoking meat, so I would think Jackfruit would also be ok. Give some a try; nothing to lose.

Reactions: SmokingLad
I have not tried Jackfruit but I have seen people from Thailand to use them often. I would like to try them out some time if I get the chance but right now they are difficult to source in Metro Manila. Im sticking to Oak, Santol, Sampaloc, Acacia, Caimito logs from locality and chips of Cherry, Apple and Hickory from Shopee App

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky