Loaded Faked Potato Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
188A84EA-706A-42B7-B300-7578AD34161F.jpeg
My wife and I have been doing keto for close to a year and a half. We love it and have some up with pretty creative dishes to replace some things we can’t have. This is one of our favs in the winter. Here we go, dice and fry 1 lbs. bacon in pan, set aside a little for garnish. I used some of my buckboard bacon To the rest add 2 lbs. cut up radishes, two cut up bunches of green onion (save a little green for garnish) and 2 tsp minced garlic. Add 4 tbsp of butter. Fry until radishes are soft enough for a mouthfeel like potato. While that’s frying to the Instant Pot we go. One large head of cut up cauliflower, 4 cups chicken broth , 1 or 2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp leaf sage and add the bacon you set aside. Set for 10 minutes manual. Once done release pressure. Add 8 oz. cream cheese and cream this all with an immersion blender. Stir in the radish /bacon / onion mix from frying pan. Voila done done. Serve garnishing with chive, bacon and cheddar. Hope you enjoy as much as we do.

Last edited:
It looks great! How strong of a radish smell and taste does it have.
Believe it or not the radish taste is non existent. When cooked they are super mild mist taking on the taste of what they are cooked with. I’ve made scalloped “potatoes” using daikon radish slices that were virtually indistinguishable from potatoes too.

Reactions: Hawging It
Very interesting. I've heard of cooking Radishes before but not tried it. Is the texture starchy like Baked Russet Potatoes or more firm like Roasted Red Potatoes?...JJ

Very interesting. I've heard of cooking Radishes before but not tried it. Is the texture starchy like Baked Russet Potatoes or more firm like Roasted Red Potatoes?...JJ
I would say more firm. I can’t say they have the exact texture of potato but they are a surprisingly good sub in the right dishes.

Keto or not it sounds awesome, I definitely would take a bowl of that.

Have you incorporated celery root in place of potatoes for any dishes? I like adding them to roasts.

Nice soup I like radishes in soup,last nights dinner Turkey soup and I used radishes in that.
Richie

Reactions: jcam222
6# plate ribs from Crowd Cow brined over night
View attachment 409469
Lightly rubbed with Oakridge Boys Carne Crosta Steakhouse Rub. On smoker with Hickory at 275°F
View attachment 409470
4 hours in IT 175°F
View attachment 409472
Taken off at 195°F (6½ hrs), probe tender and rested wrapped in foil for 60 minutes
View attachment 409471
Sliced and ready! OMG, why did I wait so long to cook these?
View attachment 409473
View attachment 409474
Even got SWMBO's approval!
I have not will have to check it out!
Keto or not it sounds awesome, I definitely would take a bowl of that.

Have you incorporated celery root in place of potatoes for any dishes? I like adding them to roasts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky