Loaded Deep Dish Beef Enchilada Pizza...Seriously (Lotsa Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
BAM! My pants are telling me I've got to find a different hobby

Do not listen to your pants. They are lying. Also, your pants are an inanimate and do not have the human capabilities to tell a lie...so there :emoji_astonished:

More culinary genius! I love pizza and enchiladas tho I don't have the chops to ever have thought of combining the two

Thank you my friend. This was certainly an interesting fusion, but man oh man was it eve good!!

OK, that's it!
I already have pork chops thawing for tomorrow but it's going to be a pizza of some sort Tuesday LOL!

Can't say as I blame you. there has been a lot of pizza activity here the past few days which was responsible for this oddball creation.

Robert

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Robert that's a great looking pizza . Nice work .

Thanks so much Richie. It did look pretty cool but oh boy the flavors!!

That looks amazing Robert. Nice work.
Down here in the SW we make enchiladas with corn tortillas but layer it like lasagna, not individually rolled up. Kinda reminds me of that and yes very delicious.

I've heard of or seen a similar dish. I'd have to use flour torts though. as much as we both love Mexican food neither of us are big fans of corn tortillas.

Robert

Phenomenal as per usual my friend!

7E898A3B-0CA6-438F-94D1-A2970CB711A9.gif

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
I look forward to the spin that other guy from near DC does also. :emoji_wink:

Thank you for the kind words Ryan. Very much appreciated. Hey Jed ( bauchjw bauchjw ) did you see this? Looks like you have quite a fan club going here :emoji_wink:

Phenomenal as per usual my friend!

Thanks Justin. It was kinda creative, fun, and a really good dinner. Gonna be doing this again I can promise you that.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
Here ya go. There are a lot of ingredients in here but that's what develops the complexity but it's easy to make.

3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons flour (whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour and gluten-free flour blends all work!)
1 tablespoon ground chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon guajillo pepper
1 teaspoon ancho pepper
½ teaspoon arbol pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
2 tablespoons tomato paste (I just use ketchup)
2 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

This sauce comes together quickly once you get started, so measure the dry ingredients into a small bowl, mix it up, and place it near the stove. Place the tomato paste and broth near the stove as well.

In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, warm the oil until it’s it’s hot enough that a light sprinkle of the flour/spice mixture sizzles on contact. This might take a couple of minutes, so be patient and don’t step away from the stove!

Once it’s ready, pour in the flour and spice mixture. While whisking constantly, cook until fragrant and slightly deepened in color, about 1 minute. Whisk the tomato paste into the mixture, then slowly pour in the broth while whisking constantly to remove any lumps.

Raise heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, whisking often, for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened a bit and a spoon encounters some resistance as you stir it.

Remove from heat, then whisk in the vinegar and season to taste with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Add more salt, if necessary

This is outstanding!! Took a couple of tries to get it dialed in but was well worth the time and effort as much as we love Mexican food.

Robert
Thanks! Hey I'm used to your recipes having a lot of ingredients LOL!
Thankfully there are several mercados in my area....

Oh man Robert, are you sure you are not from Brooklyn, NY. You could toss a dough in any of the local places!...amazing.

No complaints here! I also grew up with taco pizza from the local place one of our favs. This takes that to a while new level. I added your taco spice mix to our spice cupboard. I make bulk batches as it helps us circumvent all the extra crud they put in the commercial packets.
That Mexican spice of his is all we use for tacos. Perfect!

Reactions: jcam222
Thank you for the kind words Ryan. Very much appreciated. Hey Jed ( bauchjw bauchjw ) did you see this? Looks like you have quite a fan club going here :emoji_wink:
I believe you that this is on a different level! If you’ve done taco pizza before I don’t doubt the enchilada pizza wins a “Pepsi challenge”🤣 I’ll do a taco pizza this week!

That’s a great looking pizza there Robert! The beef enchilada looks and sounds so much better than a taco pizza with ground meat.

I can dig it. Great looking deep dish Robert

Point for sure
Chris

10/10! Fantastic write up / presentation and a brilliant idea to clash cultures!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky