Lighting Ideas for Curing Chamber..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
I am putting the finishing touches on my 42 cu.ft. double door stainless steel curing chamber. I am looking for ideas for lighting inside the chamber when I need to hang stuf in th chamber and to light it up bright so I can check the salumi and the walls for bad mold. Figured I'd ask you guys first. I'd like some sort of plunger switch so that the lights come on when I open either door. Ideally, I'd like the lights along the strip of wall between the doors. I can do either 115V or 12V lighting. LED preferred... Thanks in advance.

My kids have adhesive led strip lights in their rooms. Tons of colors that you can change to with the remote. Including white. They are bright as hell and leave no footprint. We got them on Amazon

Is 6500K bright outside light?

Great question.

That color temperature is blue and cold/ugly looking. As a guide, incandescent is 2700(traditional lightbulbs in a lamp) Halogens are 3000. Most fluorescents are 4000++.. You want to get something in the 3000-3500 range tops. Unless you are looking for the matrix hospital light color look... Daylight is 3000-3500.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky