Life Somewhat Returning To Normal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes sir, I remember that very well. Temps down into the low teens, some snow (not as much as this time around though) and the whole city in a shut-down mode. The primary reason I remember this one is because we kept the boat stored in a field under several covers. That year I learned the hard way that I missed one of the drain plugs on the engine when I winterized it. One new engine, two new intake manifolds, and $10,000 later the boat was fixed. Difference was that one only lasted a day or two whereas this one was over a week and much colder temps.

Robert

I feel your Pain:
A few years ago when Hurricane Sandy hit, Bear Jr had his "Trophy Pro 26 footer, with twin 150 Mercs" in a Marina at Raritan Bay. When Sandy hit up there, she took Bear Jr's boat out of it's blocks & deposited it in a Wooded area about 2 miles south of there.
Wasn't pretty!

Bear

IMG_20210219_172124.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: MJB05615 and tallbm
One other question I kept forgetting to ask...how many rooms did you walk into and turn the light switch on?

All of them every time I/we went into one. I'd just grin and give myself a virtual slap. It's just a natural reaction though that you develop ofer the course of your life.

.good thing your diesel tractor didn't gel up on you,

We have a 1500 square foot attached garage. Right now the boat is in there, my big truck, Tracy's SUV, my daily driver, and both tractors. Most times my daily driver stays in the garage because it's pretty cramped to jam all of the vehicles in there but with the weather we weren't going anywhere so we moved things around to get them all in. Being that the garage is attached it picks up residua heat from the house and the coldest it got in there was 36 degrees through the whole mess so no issues with it gelling up.

Robert

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Already done. We also have several large buckets of melted snow from yesterday that can be used for flushing toilets.

Robert
Fill that pool at least enough that you have water on hand if needed.
Great news Robert.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky