lets talk griddles !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
now you have me wondering about only using 1 or 2 burners . that might cause the griddle to warp ?

i have two of the camp chef griddles one 16" single burner and the 24" two burner. i have the 3 burner stove. i have very good season on mine. i sanded mine before seasoning to clean then flax seed oil n heat cool repeat ect. i use this to scrap clean n use flax seed oil.. i also have the two burner grill for it,

Attachments

• scraper.jpg
    scraper.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I've cooked on several Blackstone griddles and they are truly a quality product. When I upgraded my outdoor stove I wanted the choice to multi-task. I use my stove for pressure canning throughout the year. I use a camp style Dutch oven for deep frying, or making stew or chili, and use some vintage griddles and cast iron skillets. So I opted for a traditional stove with a modular flat-top griddle that I can remove when needed.
View attachment 473174
View attachment 473175
Fantastic setup!

in winter i would be using it in sometimes sub zero temps , and i got to thinking that by cooking on say the right 2 burners that MIGHT cause warping of the flattop .... my guess would be that i might would need to light at least 3 burners to prevent this . thus wasting a lot of propane !!!

Last edited:
i just ordered the Blackstone 36 inch model that comes with the metal lid
it was not in stock at the warehouse but i do have it on order , i hope it will be here in reasonable time !!!
never saw a 36" with metal lid...do you have a link?

never saw a 36" with metal lid...do you have a link?
Also this one is large, lidded, and has a warmer and 2 "air fryer" baskets. Or is that 2 warmers and 1 air fryer? Probably depends on how they work. Anyone want to comment on the Blackstone approach to air fryers? The option adds ~$100 to the price.

to my surprise ACE called me this afternoon and said my griddle just arrived and asked me if i wanted to come pick it up now or wait a couple of days and they would assemble it for me , i rushed down and got it still in the box ,its to late in the day for me to start putting it together so 1st thing in the morning i am going to assemble it fire it up and season it :emoji_smiley:

i've had my Blackstone for a few months it is an awesome piece of equipment. I did the natural gas conversation it's definitely my go to in the middle of the week.

Reactions: MJB05615
it was cold and windy outside this morning so we decided to unpack it and assemble it inside and then move it outside, the only real problem we had assembling it was some paint on the threads of the nuts and bolts , other than that it was pretty easy to assemble !! we just finished seasoning it and cooked some bacon on it ...WE LOVE THIS THING !!!!!
griddle 2.jpg
griddle 1.jpg

That looks awesome! I know you're gonna love it, everyone does. I have the 28" 2 burner, and it's a little big for the 2 of us. But I love it, just got it in September.

yes, you will love it, our favorites so far are Cheese Steaks, gyro meat/onions, chili lime fajitas and fresh blackened tuna steaks...OK pretty much everything on that is a favorite...Don't forget to do smash burgers as well!

So Cal1956, are you in Colorado or California? It looks beautiful outside!
Enjoy that grill!

we live in Colorado near the mtns, one thing i can say for Blackstone is they build these like a tank , no flimsy metal here all the metal is very substantial , it took 3 of us to load it in the back of the car , then had to get neighbors to help unload it ...lol i bought this one because i plan on leaving it outside in snow and rain and so i almost had to have one with a hinged lid
the lid fits really nice so i think this one was the right one for us . another thing i noticed on this one is the electronic ignition has a sparker going to each of the 4 burners so it makes it easy to select which burner/burners you want to use

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky