Let's Make Salami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wish I could get my Inkbird temp control to work with this fridge.

I do have it steady at 41* just with the temp adjust on back, it is a compressor fridge.

salmf5.jpg

I'm curious as to why it won't work with that fridge...
Not sure.
Seems to want to heat it even after I have adjusted the parameters, maybe I am just doing things too fast and not reading good.

I figured it out.
Called read the instructions. :emoji_astonished:

IMG-1788.jpg

Reactions: boykjo
Cool! So one more question....and only because I want to learn...I realize there are many many different styles of dried sausages.

Why do you have the set point at 42*F?

Cool! So one more question....and only because I want to learn...I realize there are many many different styles of dried sausages.

Why do you have the set point at 42*F?
Good catch.

I need to adjust again.

Hey I'm learning from you now :emoji_wink:

Reactions: indaswamp
Good catch.

I need to adjust again.

Hey I'm learning from you now :emoji_wink:
Well, it is a good practice to lower the temp. below 53*F upon initial drying if you think there might still be sugars left and fermentation might continue. The lower the better down to about 40 being the lower suggested temp.....

So that's why I asked.....

edit to add:
(Of course, this is for a salami with no noticeable tang.)

Well, it is a good practice to lower the temp. below 53*F upon initial drying if you think there might still be sugars left and fermentation might continue. The lower the better down to about 40 being the lower suggested temp.....

edit to add:
I just lowered to 40.
It sure do smell like salami.

If you got any tips on this you can pass it on.
ITC-308

edit to add:
I wonder if the led lights are messing things up?

Nowhere in the book for the fridge does it say how to disable the lights. Only time they go off is when the controller cycles down.

I wonder if the led lights are messing things up?

Nowhere in the book for the fridge does it say how to disable the lights. Only time they go off is when the controller cycles down.
That may be an issue.
The fridge was designed to have enough cooling capacity to overcome any heat generated by the LED lights, but that is with power supplied 24/7. When the controlled cuts the power to the fridge upon completion of the cooling cycle, any residual heat in the LED lights will warm the chamber slightly. Is it enough to affect the controller? Maybe...

where is your temp. probe reading the temp. in the fridge? Is it close to the lights? And how many degrees is your temp. band set at? might want to increase that a little to compensate for the LEM light heat....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky