Leftovers day - Creamy turkey soup and stuffing waffles

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Thanksgiving leftovers always offer an opportunity to create something. Certainly has become soup weather in Ohio now so I went with a creamy turkey and mushroom soup and sausage and sharp white cheddar stuffing waffles. I used up most of the dark meat from my smoked turkey in the soup. Really just winged it with a couple diced onion and two big trays of baby Bella’s sautéed in butter. Added about 8 cups of broth , 2 cups heavy cream , 1/2 t poultry seasoning , some fresh chopped rosemary and thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Used up all the dark meat and some of the breast left from my smoked turkey. First time I have used some of the stuffing to do mini waffles. Just used leftover sausage stuffing, egg and shredded white cheddar in the mini waffle iron. Couldn’t use it all because I really love just putting creamed turkey over the stuffing too. The leftover homemade sugar free cranberry orange ginger sauce makes a nice dipper for the waffles. The soup sure hit the spot after walking the dogs lol. Thanks for looking.
EA6EE49F-7119-47BE-B352-4AD0F3ED3F58.jpeg
D006865E-5BB3-41D5-81F4-4D53E8F2437E.jpeg

Love the stuffing waffles . Been wanting to try that . I've used fried potatoes before .
Soup looks great . I bet that's a fantastic meal .

Reactions: jcam222
Woah..

It's funny, but Thanksgiving week could be the best week of the year for cruising around on hunting and cooking forums, and recipe sites. I especially like the 'what to do with left over' posts. Yours did not disappoint.

Looks fantastic Jeff!! The mushrooms and Turkey had to be good and stuffing waffles is something ive always wanted to do!!

Looks fab-a-mundo Jeff, Temps here have been in the low 30s to mid 20s. Time for soup and stews.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky