Leftover PP: Nacho-time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meatball

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 6, 2009
Gainesville, FL
I know there have been some posts about pulled pork nachos in the past, but it doesn't look like they've been posted for a while so I thought some might get an idea. A lot of you probably have these as part of your repertoire already. I like my PP on sammies, but after eating those for a couple days i was looking for something different. I learned about these at Lee Roy Selmon's restaurant, an Outback-owned southern food establishment bearing the name of the great Oklahoma and Tampa Bay Bucs player.

Anyway, the possibilities are really endless - use any combination of veggies, salsa, BBQ sauce, cheeses or even fruit. Because my kitchen was kind of wiped out of ingredients over the weekend, I just used PP, Velvetta 2% milk cheese (which melts beautifully), jalepeno slices and some of my homemade BBQ sauce. I found myself wishing I had a tomato and onion, but hopefully next time...

Great idea. I can follow recipes with great success, but I have zero imagination. Thanks for posting, something to add to the "leftover" tool box.

Those look great! The first pork butts I ever smoked was for the Super Bowl this year and I used them to make nachos and they were awesome. I used Velveta with the Rotel like Blacklab suggested and I made Jeff's BBQ sauce and my friends and family couldn't get enough!! Man I'm getting hungry just thinking about them! Good job.

Muy Bueno, Senor!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Nice!

I may have to try some pulled pork with some "TOTCHOS" that I also want to make (nachos with tater-tots instead of chips).

Actually that it starting to sound like a good fattie as well... Totcho pulled pork fattie...

I've honestly never tried pp nachos.
It looks great, simple and delicious. Next time I smoke a butt I'll have to remember nachos as part of the leftovers meals.

I love left over PP!!!

Either Nachos or Buritoes for us.

Thanks for sharing...looks great!

That's an AWESOME idea! Would be a great fattie and I have never heard of Totchos, but those sound great too!

I have never tried pulled pork nachos but I'm always looking for new things. Thanks for the idea and those look yummo.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky