Latest fried rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
Improving my technique with each cook - taste better than take-out. Char siu pork and shrimp fried rice!

IMG_1322.JPG

Looks amazing! Are you willing to share the details you have learned? I would love to be able to duplicate your fried rice.

Reactions: Retired Spook
Man that looks good. Got any leftovers to share with an old redneck? I'd be all over a few bowls of that.

Well, I'd certainly hope so :emoji_wink: Never seen take-out looking that good.

Robert
Thank you, sir!

Looks amazing! Are you willing to share the details you have learned? I would love to be able to duplicate your fried rice.
The magic to fried rice is learning how to steam Jasmine rice correctly, buying a carbon steel wok and heat treating it, buying a 15,000 BTU butane burner to heat treat the wok with and thereafter be able to get your wok hot enough to stir fry with, and watching about a million YouTube videos over the last few weeks! :emoji_wink:

Honestly, it is like many things in life - a hundred very easy little things to learn that all come together - but too many to list on a discussion forum!

I am getting very close to being able to time when to add ingredients while keeping everything moving so nothing burns!

Reactions: chp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky