Last weekends Mac 'N Cheese w/ Q-Veiw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yrrndsmoker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Finally getting around to posting this.  Last weekend I made a batch of mac n cheese with a side of ribs and broccoli.  

Mac n cheese included...

Red bell pepper

Pablano pepper

Yellow onion

Applewood smoked bacon

Mozzarella cheese

Extra sharp cheddar cheese

The onion, peppers, and bacon slightly sauteed 

d56c6b97_P1020043.jpg

Cheeses, Motz and Cheddar

3b73964a_P1020046.jpg

The Roux made with the bacon fat and a little butter and flour

dd3092fd_P1020047.jpg

RIBssssssss basted with pork finishing sauce and red pepper flakes

3af5488a_P1020049.jpg

Complete!!!

a919e7ff_P1020050.jpg

Lets eat!!!

dccbdb92_P1020052.jpg

Reactions: meateater
icon_cool.gif

First off your plate looks absolutely awesome and I know it tasted some kinda good too. If you just added some Gruyere cheese you would just about have our famous Heart ache Mac. But your is defiantly up there with some of the best.

icon_cool.gif

First off your plate looks absolutely awesome and I know it tasted some kinda good too. If you just added some Gruyere cheese you would just about have our famous Heart ache Mac. But your is defiantly up there with some of the best.
Ill have to try that next time.  Thanks everyone!!

Can you give info on how you actually made the mac-n-cheese.  I get the following:

1.  Fried up the bacon

2.  Sauteed the veggies a bit

3.  Made roux from the bacon grease

Then did you simply add everything together and bake?  If so, what temp and how long?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky