Last minute Baby Back ribs w/Q-vue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scootermagoo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 2, 2011
Algoma, WI
The local volunteer Fire Department, which I have retired from, has requested that I make pulled pork for a get together they are having next weekend.  They pick up Christmas trees and then have a party afterwords...................works for me.  I was picking up (3) 8 lb. Boston Butts from Sam's Club last night and I noticed that they had fresh baby backs sitting in the case, not the typical vacuum packed variety.  They must have butchered a hog in the store or something.  I can't pass those up ever.  I usually dry rub them and let them sit over night in the fridge, but this time, I just dry rubbed them and put them on.  This also gave me a pre-run for next week, cuz I never BBQ'd i low temps like today.  I have a Chargriller Pro, heavily modified with a home built stoker.  I usually place a huge water pan in the bottom for moisture and thermal mass but opted to not use that today.  Today I placed 6 concrete pavers in the bottom for thermal mass.  With the stoker, the temp is easy to regulate, and actually worked quite well today with the cool temps (upper 20s).  The ribs turned out excellent, although the brown sugar in the rub burnt a little.  Usually it dissolves overnight and makes a nice glaze.  Surprisingly, they were fall of the bone tender.  I did nothing other than put them on the pit.  No crutch, no spritzing...nothing.  They were awesome.  Here's the Q view:

Thanks for lookin'

Good looking ribs you have there. I live in the snow country where you need to keep the smoker warm, even when it's going....lol..
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky