Last Chance To Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richard boggs

Original poster
May 10, 2008
Ok Ladies And Gents, The Pig Is Here ,50lbs., Any Last Advice On Smokin' It On My 24sqr. Foot Cooker?using Wood And Charcoal,never Done A Hole Pig Before!!!!! Its For My Daughters 11th B-day She Requested I Try!!!!!!! Help Me Survive Please? Thanks Smokeseeker!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what kind of smoker you are using...on my block cooker, I like to place the hot coals under the hams and shoulders, not the ribs. They will get enough heat to cook.
Channel any drippings away from the heat, you do not want flair ups.

On my horizontal, I like to start the ham end closest to the heat source and switch ends half way through cooking... wire under the pig helps move it.

24square foot cooker? That's a biggun.

The last whole pig I did I injected all over with Chef Williams Creole Garlic marinade. Out of a 108 pound pig, I had one gallon size zip lock of leftovers. Good luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky