Laredo 1000

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jadev

Original poster
Nov 13, 2022
I just upgraded to a pit boss Laredo 1000. I normally had the pit boss standard ones with the P setting. I have noticed controlling the temp is harder on these and producing more smoke is the same struggle. I see if you have it on a lower temp it produces more smoke. I see set at 225 it will produce more smoke but the internal temp is about 30 degrees less. Any tips on how I can set it where it produces more smoke and have the internal temp match? If I turn it up to make the internal temp ride it get past the more smoke phase. Anything higher then 225 I have no smoke at all. In the past I have had a thermal blanket for our colder weather but see pit boss doesn’t sell thermal blankets for this specific one.

Hi and welcome to the forum from Minnesota. Don't know about your smoke settings, but you can use welders blankets to help insulate your smoker. You can also use smoke tubes to add additional smoke to your cooks.

Reactions: bdskelly
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky