Langostino pasta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
So, some years ago Ann and myself stopped at a restaurant while on vacation in North Carolina. I don't recall the name of it now. But, anyway, we ordered a langostino dish that was the house specialty.
Overtime I've gotten it to where I think it's the same. Now, bear with me. This may sound a bit strange.

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

3 cups of seafood stock
2 cups V8 juice
1 cup Clamato juice
1.5 cups matchstick carrots
1 med. zucchini peeled and diced
1 can peeled and diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 bag fresh spinach
1 pound langostinos or shrimp.

1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbs dried minced onion
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp course ground pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1.5 tsp minced garlic

IMG_0086.jpg

Put the tomato juices, seafood stock, spices, garlic, diced tomatoes, and paste in a pot and bring to a low boil for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust for spices if you want. This will be a tad warm in heat level.

IMG_0090.jpg

Transfer the sauce to a larger pan. Add the carrots. And simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the spinach. Cook for a few minutes.
At this point I usually add a little starch slurry to thicken it up. That's up to you. Then add the langostinos. Cook for 5 minutes.

IMG_0094.jpg

Plate up over angel hair pasta, or pasta of your choice, with some crusty bread. And enjoy!

Last edited:
Steve that looks great! thanks for sharing your recipe will definitely be trying that when the weather cools down.

Excellent Steve! I grew up fondueing them in hot oil, love'em. Ahh the alcohol burner and oil spatter on your arms - good memories.

Steve, that looks fantastic buddy!! I have copied and pasted this and will most likely do it for dinner this evening using pork though instead of shrimp. Cannot wait to give this a run and thanks for sharing.

Robert

Steve - nothing strange about that, just a big bowl of delicious!! thanks for the recipe - soon as it anot 100 degrees everyday I can see this one being made up! Wife LOVES anything with shrimp so this will be a slam dunk.

Steve-O that is on point man! Love all of the flavors balanced together. Got it saved and will try it out with Shrimp. Thanks for posting!

Steve, that looks fantastic buddy!! I have copied and pasted this and will most likely do it for dinner this evening using pork though instead of shrimp. Cannot wait to give this a run and thanks for sharing.

Robert
What Robert said. I just got back with everything. Someone bought up all the clamato. Went 3 places to find.

Two things come to mind after reading your post,
1, Very nice of you to put Ann first before yourself, seems to be a lost concept
2, that looks fabulous.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Steve that looks fantastic!! I saved this to try over some low carb pasta in the future. Thanks for sharing this.

So, some years ago Ann and myself stopped at a restaurant while on vacation in North Carolina. I don't recall the name of it now. But, anyway, we ordered a langostino dish that was the house specialty.
Overtime I've gotten it to where I think it's the same. Now, bear with me. This may sound a bit strange.

View attachment 504255

View attachment 504254

3 cups of seafood stock
2 cups V8 juice
1 cup Clamato juice
1.5 cups matchstick carrots
1 med. zucchini peeled and diced
1 can peeled and diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 bag fresh spinach
1 pound langostinos or shrimp.

1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbs dried minced onion
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp course ground pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1.5 tsp minced garlic

View attachment 504258

Put the tomato juices, seafood stock, spices, garlic, diced tomatoes, and paste in a pot and bring to a low boil for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust for spices if you want. This will be a tad warm in heat level.

View attachment 504259

Transfer the sauce to a larger pan. Add the carrots. And simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the spinach. Cook for a few minutes.
At this point I usually add a little starch slurry to thicken it up. That's up to you. Then add the langostinos. Cook for 5 minutes.

View attachment 504257

Plate up over angel hair pasta, or pasta of your choice, with some crusty bread. And enjoy!
Interesting recipe. Looks yummy.

Looks real good Steve.
Thanks Mike!

Looks tasty! Great job!
Thank you!

Steve that looks great! thanks for sharing your recipe will definitely be trying that when the weather cools down.
Thanks Jim! It is hot here too. But I had to make this.

Incredible! That looks so good Steve. This going to the top of my list.
Thanks Brian!

Excellent Steve! I grew up fondueing them in hot oil, love'em. Ahh the alcohol burner and oil spatter on your arms - good memories.
Thank you! I never did langostino in a fondue before. Did you have a dipping sauce for them? Or just ate them straight?

Robert
Thanks Robert! I never did this with pork. But I have done it with boneless chicken thighs. That was also very good.

Looks absolutely delicious Steve, I'd be all over that plate! RAY
Thanks Ray! With your passion for shrimp. I thought this would get your attention.

Steve - nothing strange about that, just a big bowl of delicious!! thanks for the recipe - soon as it anot 100 degrees everyday I can see this one being made up! Wife LOVES anything with shrimp so this will be a slam dunk.
Thank you!

Steve-O that is on point man! Love all of the flavors balanced together. Got it saved and will try it out with Shrimp. Thanks for posting!
Thank you! And you're welcome John.

What Robert said. I just got back with everything. Someone bought up all the clamato. Went 3 places to find.
If you can't get clamato. You can just put 1/4 cup clam juice to 1 cup tomato juice. Or just add more V8 and a 1/4 cup or so of clam juice.

Two things come to mind after reading your post,
1, Very nice of you to put Ann first before yourself, seems to be a lost concept
2, that looks fabulous.
1) My wife is very special to me. And she gets credit for wanting to try this in the first place.
2) Thank you!

Steve that looks fantastic!! I saved this to try over some low carb pasta in the future. Thanks for sharing this.
Thanks Jeff! I'll be waiting to see your spin on this.

Interesting recipe. Looks yummy.

Lol! It is. Isn't it? The clamato was out of desperation. I could not find clam juice when I first started to copy this. It kinda stuck. Because the left over clamato juice makes a rocking bloody Mary!

Reactions: SmokinEdge
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky