Lang smoker users/owners

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sneal10

Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Gallatin, TN
Since I'm waiting for mine I have scoured the web for information, cooking tips, mods I might want etc.

How many Lang folks we got on this board? What do u have to sY about your grill?

I think you'll find most of us Lang owners love them.

Tell us again what Lang you are buying?  Was it the 36 in 1/4 inch.   Anybody that can recommend mods will need to know the model

About the only mods that I've hear Lang owners make are 1) adding slide in racks and 2) raising the the wood grate up an inch or two for better air flow. I have the 60 and slide in rack(s) is the mod I want to do, but getting my son the welder to come over and weld the rails in is the only hang up.

About the only mods that I've hear Lang owners make are 1) adding slide in racks and 2) raising the the wood grate up an inch or two for better air flow. I have the 60 and slide in rack(s) is the mod I want to do, but getting my son the welder to come over and weld the rails in is the only hang up.
I'm getting an 84 Deluxe widebody sometime between now and this time next year. I will be ordering it with the slide out bottom rack. I could have gotten it with my 36 but didn't see (still don't) the need for it on the smaller cooker.

On the 84 I would check to see what they would charge to make both racks sliders. I have the 84 and the sliding racks sure are nice

David, the 36 doesn't really need the slider racks. But I'm thinking that if I go slider rack for the top rack, it will give me more room than the 40 X13 rack that's in there now.

I thought about upper slider racks on the 36 but decided against it.  I think the supports will get in the way of turkey and large hams.  The welded supports will put a height restriction on the two ends of the smoker.  The only time I use the upper rack is when doing ribs because they take up so much room when laid flat on the grill.  All other times just the bottom rack seems to be enough to feed butts, briskey, chicken, meatloaf to 20 people

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky