Lang Owners

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's a lot of meat for a breaking in ! Must have been a bit tight for a 36" ... good luck with it. btw ... how did they all turn out ?

It turned out perfect, not that tight really everything fit in with a little spacing also had my Maverick in there also (the maverick was not reading right off by about 100 degrees contacted them about that). Everybody loved the food I was surprised it turned out so good myself because I only used a Rub no injection. I just put on the Rub wrapped them in Foil put in icebox over night then took them out of foil put directly on pit then right before internal temp was reached wrapped them back in foil and put them (pork shoulder) in warmer box wrapped brisket put back in pit for about another hour to get the correct internal temp. Going to try some Injections next time. Looking for how to smoke Turkey leg and make them taste like the Texas Renfair anybody know how???

It turned out perfect, not that tight really everything fit in with a little spacing also had my Maverick in there also (the maverick was not reading right off by about 100 degrees contacted them about that). Everybody loved the food I was surprised it turned out so good myself because I only used a Rub no injection. I just put on the Rub wrapped them in Foil put in icebox over night then took them out of foil put directly on pit then right before internal temp was reached wrapped them back in foil and put them (pork shoulder) in warmer box wrapped brisket put back in pit for about another hour to get the correct internal temp. Going to try some Injections next time. Looking for how to smoke Turkey leg and make them taste like the Texas Renfair anybody know how???
Question: If everyone loved the food without an injection, why inject? I'm curious.

It is like if you like your hamburger with mayo then why try it with mayo and mustard or with lettuce, or tomato, or pickles etc....I have heard that doing injections it would/could taste even better. I just like to try if I do not like at least I tried. Everybody has their own way of Smoke-in. In other words everybody has their own Recipes.

I have started having a problem the last few smokes.  My fire smolders, rather than lights.  I think its an airflow problem, but even with both the side vents fully open, the fire doesn't really blaze till i open the door.  I thought i might have too much ash and coal underneath, but there is plenty of space for air between the grate and ash/coal.

I know I have a build of ash in the back, as the grate is bigger than the door, so I never get 100% clean, but that little amount should make too much of a difference.  I'm almost afraid to try again.  help please!

i wonder. I'm about 1/3 thorugh the half cord I bought, I wonder if several pieces weren't good.  I'll move to a different part of the stack :)

Bang two splits against each other, you should hear some sort of tone if your splits are well seasoned. If the moisture content is high, the sound is more flat.

Definitely sounds like green wood. I've ran into this a few times. My plan this year is to keep at least 2 cords on hand to ensure that it is properly seasoned all year long.

Just got me a "36" Hybrid Deluxe Run-About BBQ Trailer Smoker Cooker w Deluxe Warmer Box Char-grill Mobile Trailer"

In this picture I am Seasoning it if you look you can see the smoke coming out of the stack. After I did that the next day (sorry no pictures) I broke it in by Smoke-in 2 Briskets(1-20lb 2nd-10lb) 4 Pork Shoulders (between 5lb- 9lb.) 2 Racks of Ribs and some sausage. I used a combination of Mesquite, Pecan and a little Oak.

I have not used the Char-grill yet just slow and low so far
Yoda3647,

I've been thinking about getting the Run-About Lang in either the 36" or 48" Smoker, but my only reservation is the height of the smoker itself vs the regular back yard cart. 

So, does the height of the smoker table bother you?  Do you have to hunch over it or anything?  Also, how tall are you? just for reference.

Thanks!

Actually I have upgraded to a Shirley. The Lang just did not hold up to what I wanted never did use the Charcoal part so it was a waste. Go to Shirleyfabrication.com it may take a while to get yours built but the quality is so much better. Check them out.

I had to take my Lang to a welder to weld the pit to the fire box you could see the fire

But to answer your question yes it was to low and I was bending over alot

Reactions: magnus
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky