Lamb / Beef / Pork Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hubby loves lamb, he'll do a rack on the grill and I swear it's the most tender meat I've every put in my mouth, I don't like the gamey taste though. He made it for a friendly back yard comp last year and served it with a raspberry coulis (he hates the mint). Sounds odd but it's a great accoutrament. Recipe below...I haven't tried lamb in the smoker yet but I have a leg o'lamb in the freezer that very well may wind up in the blue...by the way, this sauce would be awesome over ice cream, cake, etc...maybe even a glaze on chicken!

Raspberry Coulis:
1 1/2 pounds frozen raspberries
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Place all the ingredients in a 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the
raspberries to a boil, and reduce the heat to a heavy simmer. Continue to cook the
raspberries until the sugar dissolves, the raspberries burst, and the liquid
reduces by one half, about 15 minutes. Strain the raspberries through a fine mesh
strainer and discard solids. Reserve coulis in a non-reactive container until
ready to use. Coulis will keep, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.

Yield: 1 1/2 cups

I would say throw lamb at dog in yard
biggrin.gif
and serve raspberry coulis over vanilla ice cream
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

LOL, sorry I'll stop hiding my emotions
icon_mrgreen.gif
My wife said the leg of lamb I cooked must have come from the lambs arm pit.
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif
I mention lamb and she raises her arm and points.
rolleyes.gif

I'm with you Rodger, I don't care for lamb at all. I have given it the old college try at least 10 times, but just can't get the taste for it...the raspberry coulis on the other hand....
tongue.gif

I never tried it Carl, but I can handle strong venison, Heck sometimes I kind of like it
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif
, but this wasn't like that, it was funky tasting
rolleyes.gif

It probably wasn’t lightly killed
icon_rolleyes.gif

Y’now all that adrenalin!
(Yeah, I know, “I’m a smart a$$”) Can’t hep myseff!
Although I do remember my gramma (who raised me) fixin it one time when I was a kid…it was god awful, stunk up the house, heck I didn’t try it again til I was in my 40’s (my favorite meat now!)
However I still don’t care for mutton!

Pigcicles

It actually looks really good. Do you normally like lamb? Maybe it's just an acquired taste and even smoke can help it if you don't like lamb?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky