LAMB BARBACOA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sure looks fantastic . I like the mix of flavor . Might try it on some beef .

Sure looks fantastic . I like the mix of flavor . Might try it on some beef .
Thanks chop! My plan was to use a chucky for this....but then I saw the leg of lamb on sale for a pretty darn good price. Next one I do will most likely be beef.

We eat lamb as often as possible, and your preparation looks outstanding.
Thanks thirdeye! I appreciate it. Everytime I find lamb on sale I pick some up. Starting to see it more often....hopfully it will catch on around here and prices go down a bit.

Those look delicious I could eat Mexican food five nights a week I live in little Mexico and there are three Mexican joints to all other ethnic food joints combined.

Those look delicious I could eat Mexican food five nights a week I live in little Mexico and there are three Mexican joints to all other ethnic food joints combined.
Thanks forktender! I wish we had that many around here! I love mexican style foods!!

Wow just wow!! That looks better than anything I have ever even imagined! Love the flavors, colors, everything! I will certainly try and duplicate this one!!

Wow just wow!! That looks better than anything I have ever even imagined! Love the flavors, colors, everything! I will certainly try and duplicate this one!!
Thanks saint! I kept this pretty mild with the guajillo pepper for the sauce. You could add some other dried peppers with some more kick. The orange with the guajillo is it really good ! This is probably one of the most colorful dishes I've ever made. Just that alone tasted good LOL

Reactions: 73saint
Travis I couldn't tell you if it's authentic or not, but it's authentic to you. Wonderful looking plate, and I'm betting it tasted even better.

Point for sure
Chris

Travis I couldn't tell you if it's authentic or not, but it's authentic to you. Wonderful looking plate, and I'm betting it tasted even better.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris ! It tasted great! We all enjoyed it!

Thats a very inspirational looking dish mate
reads very good and delicious to the eyes
dont wish Lamb to become popular, price will go thru the roof if it becomes Hip.
I use to by brisket down here at $7 a kilo, now its around $13/18 ,

Holy cow that lamb barbacoa looks amazing Travis! Sorry I’m late to the party, but you have any left? I’ll take a sixer to go please.

Rehydrating and blending the chilis give so much more flavor. I freeze my puree into ice cube trays and add to dishes.

Very nicely done and congrats on the ride!

Holy cow that lamb barbacoa looks amazing Travis! Sorry I’m late to the party, but you have any left? I’ll take a sixer to go please.

Rehydrating and blending the chilis give so much more flavor. I freeze my puree into ice cube trays and add to dishes.

Very nicely done and congrats on the ride!
Thanks xray!! As a matter of fact I do have some left! Got it out of the freezer this morning. I'll be making a big batch if enchiladas tonight!

Dude, I'm with all the others......Authentic or not they look dang good. And gimme a tums like TNJAKE TNJAKE said cause i'm eating til im full.
Jim

Holy cow Travis that looks amazing you nailed it I just ate and your plating made me hungry, nice work.
And prop's for using the dry chilies for your sauce that really give depth to the meal. I add one of these spice packs to my sauce and cook it down about 1/4 of the way with the spices in it then strain it out it really adds a nice flavor to the pepper sauce try it some time if you can find it I know Amazon sells it, I think you will like it.

1609382533642.png

I use two packets one for the sauce and one that I grind with a little of the sauce in the blender that I use to marinate the meat in overnight in the refer.

This looks pretty damn authentic too me bro, minus the clay pot or earthen oven which is something I've always wanted to try out in the yard.

Great work.
Dan

Reactions: Sowsage
Holy cow Travis that looks amazing you nailed it I just ate and your plating made me hungry, nice work.
And prop's for using the dry chilies for your sauce that really give depth to the meal. I add one of these spice packs to my sauce and cook it down about 1/4 of the way with the spices in it then strain it out it really adds a nice flavor to the pepper sauce try it some time if you can find it I know Amazon sells it, I think you will like it.

View attachment 477764

I use two packets one for the sauce and one that I grind with a little of the sauce in the blender that I use to marinate the meat in overnight in the refer.

This looks pretty damn authentic too me bro, minus the clay pot or earthen oven which is something I've always wanted to try out in the yard.

Great work.
Dan
Thanks Dan ! I'm going to check out the spice packets! I'm with you on digging a hole out in the yard lol! its something thats always intrigued me. Seems like it would be a pretty simple thing to do and lots of things can be cooked that way......who knows might be a spring project!!

Reactions: forktender
Thanks Dan ! I'm going to check out the spice packets! I'm with you on digging a hole out in the yard lol! its something thats always intrigued me. Seems like it would be a pretty simple thing to do and lots of things can be cooked that way......who knows might be a spring project!!
We have so many little Mexican stores out here in little Mexico/Norcal that carry it. If you can't find any let me know, and I will grab you some and send them out too you it's no problem at all. I drive through the little Mexico side of town at least four days a week. There is everything from little mom and pop s shops and butcher shops up to full size Mexican Grocery stores that have restaurants and butcher shops in them.
I like the little mom and pop places best as they all have unique salsa's and sauces that you can buy by the pint or quart. They have everything except the donkey shows.😜😂😂😂

Reactions: Sowsage
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky