Lake Side Grilled Chicken……w/lots of Fire Pics!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
First time breaking out the trailer for a weekend at the lake south of the house……. Getting the little Webber Q ready………
B09826C2-F286-4A0D-84E8-4973412E7BB1.jpeg

Prepping for the fire after dinner…..
35BA12CB-A597-40B9-878F-5BD3E34AFECF.jpeg

This break in first cook on the little Weber Q…..roasting the bird parts at 400 CC temp….
FF8C4BE3-F186-4C8D-94D4-7FA954074F5E.jpeg

Results of the double flip x lines…… man oh man this little Q is a nice little cooker!!!
9C7BC099-593C-4CAB-BDB4-A17552918863.jpeg

Ok this is called grilling in style!!!!
DDFA6E8D-4694-44F4-9526-CF295C05FC21.jpeg

The chicken got sliced and in my wife’s home made Alfredo & grilled garlic bread…..sorry no picks of that…….but maybe these will make up for it………..
2DD20A01-C851-4675-A2B5-BE99DEC95FB0.jpeg

BCA15BCF-FD92-495B-855A-76ADBA5035CC.jpeg

A6CD4A4D-DD34-49AA-8508-D25C58D8074D.jpeg

D780129C-FD53-4F36-BA59-9CE1703B7273.jpeg

9E1D2EBA-673A-4DC5-9DC0-BBB510953064.jpeg

CD2A74D5-BBB4-4EC4-92AA-F7036AD6E577.jpeg

And two more as the twilight comes……took these less than one min ago!
F4100D8D-D5AB-464A-A830-8251E1B895EA.jpeg

77628CD7-CEDD-481F-8107-8E86CD48CF24.jpeg

Ok I think that is fire pic overload….I have been having X-Fire pics so this is “firing” me up to make its new home……

Great looking supper, fantastic scenery, beautiful sunset ......... what more could one ask for?

Great looking food and even better fire pics!
But honestly had to laugh... in your 1st pic with your grill with wood piled underneath it... don't think that's how they meant to heat up your grill! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

But honestly had to laugh... in your 1st pic with your grill with wood piled underneath it... don't think that's how they meant to heat up your grill! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Was my same thoughts!! New way to do a burn off on a new grill.
Man those are some great pics. Looks way relaxing.

Jim

Reactions: gmc2003
Boy that is a nice little setup. I love fires! Think I decided to go green curry with shrimp today. I love that orange salad dressing but trying to get back on the low carb thing. Will come up with something.

+3 on the grill over fire pic.

What a nice and relaxing way to spend a summer night. Looks great Civil.

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking supper, fantastic scenery, beautiful sunset ......... what more could one ask for?
Tru dat!!! It was pretty much a perfect night!
Beautiful pics.
Thanks Peachey!
Great looking food and even better fire pics!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan and out a few extra fire pics for ya and LOL about heating up the grill that way! Was looking for a way to elevate the grill as the stove had the table space….
A0D93213-F91C-4CAD-8E35-15A354B77D03.jpeg

Camp after the cook is a bit messy oh and the dog turned 15 yesterday, he got to play on the beach for his birthday…..
Love being on the water ........... grilling is just icing on the cake.

Great pics.
Thanks Okie! Yea being in the water is a just well perfect!

Was my same thoughts!! New way to do a burn off on a new grill.
Man those are some great pics. Looks way relaxing.

Jim
Ie new grill seasoning techniques by CS! LOL, actually I often use the fire pit grill as a grilling table. It gets it off the ground and off the table….the fire is always after clean up so sitting with a drink in hand is the mode!!!!
Great food and views Civil !
What's not to love ?

Keith
Many thanks Keith…..yea lots of love for sure!
What a beautiful night!
Thanks jcam, glad I could share it…..the forum and being able to do it!
Boy that is a nice little setup. I love fires! Think I decided to go green curry with shrimp today. I love that orange salad dressing but trying to get back on the low carb thing. Will come up with something.
Thanks Brian, oh yea we love sitting by the fire and this one was near perfect! Oh I posted under the curry post yes, my wife just added fresh Thai ginger to it while blending just add enough to get the tone. It totally changes the flavor!
+3 on the grill over fire pic.

What a nice and relaxing way to spend a summer night. Looks great Civil.

Point for sure
Chris
LOL, at least i get credit for creative thinking on heating up the grill right? Thanks Chris there is actually still snow on the ground so it’s spring ie a high of 60 today but that way basking in the sun is just all that more rewarding!
Chicken looks mighty fine and great pics !
Many thanks winter!

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Hoping the pupper got a nice birthday dinner after playing on the beach!!

Jim
Yup he got a little chicken Alfredo as a treat and some Bischoff cookies…..as you can see he wanted more cheese, he would die for a block of cheese to eat!

• Haha
LOL, at least i get credit for creative thinking on heating up the grill right? Thanks Chris there is actually still snow on the ground so it’s spring ie a high of 60 today but that way basking in the sun is just all that more rewarding!
With the 90* heat we had this past week I'm all confused as to what season it is

Oh yeah.....My dogs will sleep through a tornado. But, can hear a cheese wrapper from a mile away!!

Jim
Cheese, popcorn, & red vines…..and he rather loves bischoff’s
With the 90* heat we had this past week I'm all confused as to what season it is
Yea it’s a yo-yo right now……I’m sitting here looking at snow in June…… haven’t seen that since living in AK, one year we had snow in the yard a week past July 4th.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky