Kosher dill pickles fridge style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The pickling king strikes again! Looks great Steve I will have to look into the ball spice blend. Looks like it would save quite a bit of time.
Thanks! It did save a bit of time. And if they are good. Then it'll be cheaper too.

Today I bought a jar of the Ball kosher dill pickle spice blend. This has all the spices and the pickle crisp already in it. So, I went about making 2 quarts using that. And got 2 English cucumbers. I should have bought 3. So these 2 quart mason jars are packed light.
The directions are easy enough.
I cut the cucumbers into spears. And got them soaking in ice water.
In a pot I added:
4 cups water
2 cups white vinegar
1/2 cup of the Ball spice blend.
Bring these to a boil.
Pack the cukes into the quart mason jars. Fill with brine to a 1/2" from rim.

View attachment 458219

I vacuum sealed these so they'll be ready in about a week.

View attachment 458221
The jar of mix will make 14 quarts of pickles.
Love a good pickle! Was just thinking about pickling my own. Let us know how these turn out.

Looks good Steve! But I'm with the others...waiting to see how you like them. Gonna be hard to beat SmokinAl SmokinAl Pickles

Ryan

Looks good Steve! But I'm with the others...waiting to see how you like them. Gonna be hard to beat SmokinAl SmokinAl Pickles

Ryan
Al's pickles are top notch. I've made quarts of pickles using Al's recipe. Or spring boarding from his recipe to make them different to suit my taste. I'm not even trying to beat his recipe. Or assume this recipe would be the same or better. I'll let you all know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brokenhandle
And the real test. Had one last night.

DSCN4431.jpg

They're pretty good. They're not I'm gonna jump up and start writing love letters to the Ball company good though.
They are full of flavor. And crunchy. Not as much as the others I make. But more then store bought. But with all the dehydrated ingredients. They just don't come off as fresh. I'll do another batch with salad or pickling cukes to see if that makes a difference. Though I've used these cukes with my other recipes with very good results.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky