Kosher dill pickles fridge style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Today I bought a jar of the Ball kosher dill pickle spice blend. This has all the spices and the pickle crisp already in it. So, I went about making 2 quarts using that. And got 2 English cucumbers. I should have bought 3. So these 2 quart mason jars are packed light.
The directions are easy enough.
I cut the cucumbers into spears. And got them soaking in ice water.
In a pot I added:
4 cups water
2 cups white vinegar
1/2 cup of the Ball spice blend.
Bring these to a boil.
Pack the cukes into the quart mason jars. Fill with brine to a 1/2" from rim.

DSCN4414.jpg

I vacuum sealed these so they'll be ready in about a week.

DSCN4417.jpg

The jar of mix will make 14 quarts of pickles.

My Mom made Refrigerator Pickles. Garlic and Fresh Dill. You did not want to eat these before a Date! Nice job...JJ

Alright Steve, this just isn't fair. I made a bunch of pickled stuff following your tutelage not long ago but the pickles have run the gamut. Time to make some more but I'm gonna hang on and see how yours turn out. If good I'll get some of the spice and get them going. Nice job buddy!!

Robert

Alright Steve, this just isn't fair. I made a bunch of pickled stuff following your tutelage not long ago but the pickles have run the gamut. Time to make some more but I'm gonna hang on and see how yours turn out. If good I'll get some of the spice and get them going. Nice job buddy!!

Robert
Lol! Thanks Robert! I'll keep you in the loop. The brine smelled really good. The only thing I'm hoping it won't be. Is like the generic store bought Vlassic pickles.

The pickling king strikes again! Looks great Steve I will have to look into the ball spice blend. Looks like it would save quite a bit of time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky