Korean soups

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

S-met

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 1, 2019
Nor Cal
Last few weeks we have been using whats available. Sort of a blessing, good to use upwhat we have. These two soups are not exactly authentic, more of a Korean inspired kitchen sink stoups (somewhere between soup & stew).

Leftover ground pork sauteed with bok choy, carrots and onions and some tofu noodles. Seasoning was a mix of black and red pepper and gochujang paste in veggies and chicken stock.
20200121_150937.jpg

Next was a kimchi stew. Pork dumplings, tofu, scallions, mushrooms and cabbage. End of a jar of kimchi and some extra chili paste.
20200314_195120.jpg

Bonus shot: some dumplings we found in the freezer. Sauteed then steemed with chili oil, ground pork and black sesame seeds.
20200129_100312.jpg

Nice soup I could easily do away with some of that for you. Glad to see you using what you have to make some nice creations.

Warren

Reactions: S-met
Wow! Those stoups look delicious! I wouldn’t mind having a few bowls of that and some of those ingredients in my freezer.

Like!

Reactions: S-met
Thanks for the likes everyone.

Hi!
It looks delicious! Especially on the second photo.
S-met, have you ever cook ramen? I really like it but never cooked at home
Yes, and Pho too. I buy the noodles though. The secret with either (and really any soup) is the broth. If there's an asian store in your area, you might be able to get good instant ramen packs that with a little doctoring can be really good. Otherwise, even Top ramen can be decent.

I usually start by throwing out the seasoning packet and make my own broth. I usually make a big batch and will freeze leftovers for quick meals. When I'm in a hurry or don't have broth, I use better than bouillon, sautee some onions and mushrooms to deepen the flavor. Add some veggies and meat if I have some leftovers (or add thinly sliced raw to cook in the broth when serving) maybe drop an egg in to poach in the broth. Top with thinly sliced green onions and cilantro.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky