Knife slicer to slice cold smoked salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2017
San Francisco East Bay area, CA
I am in a search for this kind of knife and need an advice from you - in particular for slicing cold smoked salmon. Will appreciate any input. Price range is up to $50. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Dave, thanks for you post. Actually, I am thinking of at least 10" (preferably 12") knife with a rounded end... I have a set of good knifes but would like to have one dedicated knife to slice salmon only...

yesterday I was at walmart, in the bbq section I noticed they sell a knock-off of the victorinox slicer I have, (expert grill brand ). I am sure the steel is no where as good as the original, but it didn"t look bad for $15.Maybe it would work with some sharpening, comes with a bonus fork too..

Higher than your budget, but save some Egg Money and your there. These are great knives
Thank you for the advice chefjimmyj. I know about victorinox knifes reputation and was considering to buy this brand but... little too expensive for a dedicated knife, which will be sued occasionally only... I know that cheaper does not mean better.... Yesterday night I just went ahead and bought this one from Amazon, with pretty decent reviews:
I was at walmart, in the bbq section I noticed they sell a knock-off of the victorinox slicer I have, (expert grill brand ). I am sure the steel is no where as good as the original, but it didn"t look bad for $15.
I appreciate your post but it's little too late now for me but for the price - I just search entire Walmart site and could not find any victorinox knife within $15 (not even close) range. Maybe this is "in store only" deal, in your case...
Thank you very much to all who tried to help!

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky