Kitchen Sink Pizza (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great to me!! I love especially the addition of the olives! That is one filling and delicious cast iron pizza for sure.

Looks like a great Pizza. Interesting pan. I have a regular depth 17" CI that probably would work. While I and my SIL like Garbage Pies, Jersey Speak, Bev and my Daughter are Cheese only people. I would have to make 2 Pizzas....JJ

Looks awesome Robert. That's the perfect amount of olives for my liking. Nice job bud

Thanks so much Jake. I'm gonna share something that I got a while back from our good friend Steve H Steve H It's a recipe for olive relish and it is absolutely to die for!!

1 cup green olives with pimentos
1 cup Klamata olives
1/2 cup onion
1/2 cup fresh parsley or 1/4 cup dried
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
2 stalks celery
2 tsp lemon juice

Gently pulse chop all of the items except the olive oil and lemon juice in a food processor. You want to keep the olives just roughly chopped. Not pulverized. Remove to a bowl. And add the olive oil and mix well with a spoon. Then taste. Now, if you want it to be a tad tarter. Then add some lemon juice. Or all of it. I like the zing aftertaste from the lemon juice.

I've put this on pizzas, grilled Italian sandwiches, and actually made an antipasto with it adding this to some cheeses, meats, and pepperoncini peppers. It is really good stuff!!

Robert

Reactions: chef jimmyj
My blood sugar just went up looking at it. Really nice job!

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing Brian but I'll assume it's a compliment so thank you.

Holy moly Robert, what a masterpiece, and you made everything yourself just short of milking the cow for the cheese, huge Like!

Thanks so much Ray!! You know you were very instrumental in me finally dialing in my pizza efforts. I have you to thank for this....our friends do too :emoji_wink:

That's one heck of a pizza Robert! I can see why it filled ya up.

Very much appreciate it Ryan. I've had some over-the-top pizzas before but this one was a two fisted wrestling match to eat. No doubt, it was a handful.

Robert

Apologies to all for the slow responses. Got a nasty shoulder injury somehow and typing is a bit difficult...but I'll try to catch up with everything you good people have shared.

I love all those olives and the artichokes! Totaly agree with you on the fresh mozzarella...its the best! And all the homemade stuff takes it over the top! Very nice sir!

Thanks so much Travis. I keep forgetting who it was that mentioned the whole milk mozz...maybe it was you, but it's the gospel!! That in itsef makes a huge difference.

Really like the stuffed crust aspect of it too never thought to try that on homemade pizza.

Thank you John. That thought of the stuffed crust just hit me as I was starting to put the pizza together. Saw the dough hanging off the sides of the pan and thought hmmmm...why not? It really adds to the overall quality of the pizza.

Looks Mighty Tasty, Robert !!
Nice Job!

Very much appreciate it Bear. This was by fr my best pizza effort.

Looks fantastic Robert!

Thank you Jim!! The kind words are appreciated.

I'm in for a slice of that!! Really looks great.

Aw come on, you can handle two can't you?

That looks incredible, Robert!!! Nicely done!

Thanks so much. this one goes on the to-do-again list for sure.

Robert

That's some nice pizza right there Robert! Nothing low key about it. Hell, if you're invited to a pizza party around here, you're doing something right in life!

Thanks Joe!! compared to some of the stuff you've been turning out, this hardly even qualifies to be posted, but thank you for the accolades.

Looks excellent Robert! I'm sure it was off the charts good. Nice work!

Appreciate it Mike. This was one for the record books for me.

That pizza looks really good.
Great job.
Sad part is... I could eat the whole thing by myself in one sitting.
Yes I am a pizza junkie.

Thanks so much but I'd like to see somebody eat all of this. If you could do that I'd have to put you on Man vs. Food :emoji_laughing: This pizza weighed about 8 pounds.

Nice looking pizza! Yummy!

Very much appreciate it. Didn't look bad at all but tasted even better.

Robert

Great looking pizza I'm with Brokenhandle though you can have my olives like but not on pizza.
I would like some hot pepper flakes on my piece though.
But glad you made some friends happy.

Thank you sir!! I'm an olive junkie and can just sit there and eat them like M&M's. If it's just Tracy and I there will be some sort of spicy pepper on the pizza but one of our friends has a case of timid tummy so we just added the crushed red pepper after the fact. Making friends happy is a big part of what a lot of us here live for...so you're 100% correct in my assessment.

Perfect pizza! Big like!

Thank you David!! Very much appreciate the accolades.

That's the way I like it more toppings and cheese than bread.

You'll get no arguments from me, but IMHO that concept applies to everything: burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, etc...The bread is nothing more than the vessel that holds it al together so you can experience everything in one bite.

Good lord Robert! And I thought I loaded up my pizzas!! Great job bud!

I don't know about all that Steve, but your commentary is appreciated. Matter of fact, your extreme pizzas were in the forefront of mymind as I was assembling this one.

Nice job Robert!
That is for sure the most loaded pizza I have ever seen!
I think 1 or 2 slices would fill me up, of course I would have to have a few beers with it too!

Thank you Al. Yep, it was pretty loaded up but that was the plan. I should have stopped at one piece being that it weighed about a pound but had to go for that second pound and do it justice...and beer? Isn't that an all American staple with pizza??

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky