Kielbasa and Pepper sticks ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poacherjoe

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
Central Ca
I have 10 pounds of sticks and 5 pounds of sausage and I want to smoke them but the sticks call for the step method and the sausage calls for 180 for 2 hours or so till the IT gets to 160 . Can I just smoke them both using the step method ? I can run a probe to each to monitor the IT.

You could and it would be fine. Only thing is how big your smoker! 15 lbs of sticks and sausage is too much for some smokers at a time

Ryan

You could and it would be fine. Only thing is how big your smoker! 15 lbs of sticks and sausage is too much for some smokers at a time

Ryan
It fill fit with room to spare . I have a hard time fitting 12.5 pounds of ring bologna due to the shape but all the sticks and sausage fit on the racks. It's a SmokinTex 1460 and I think it's supposed to handle 60 pounds.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
If you take smoker temp to 180 you're risking some fat out. You can leave it at a lower temp for a longer period to pasterize it. Rich, chopsaw chopsaw could give you the times and temps. I know there's a table for it, maybe a sticky in sausage forum

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky