Keto Magic Bars

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My wife made these for me last night, using the "original" recipe just to see how it worked out. The bars were very tasty but were very gooey. I was looking forward to eating a bar like a candy bar, but I couldn't so we put the skillet in the refrigerator. That firmed it up but it ended up breaking up into pieces when I tried to get a piece off.

Very tasty but a bit harder to eat that I anticipated. Maybe next time, we'll try jcam's modifications.

Fork????? :emoji_blush: :emoji_blush:
Gary

My wife made these for me last night, using the "original" recipe just to see how it worked out. The bars were very tasty but were very gooey. I was looking forward to eating a bar like a candy bar, but I couldn't so we put the skillet in the refrigerator. That firmed it up but it ended up breaking up into pieces when I tried to get a piece off.

Very tasty but a bit harder to eat that I anticipated. Maybe next time, we'll try jcam's modifications.
I did refrigerate and keep them refrigerated to maintain the integrity of the cut bars. If yours fall apart badly I’m not sure why. Mine cut and maintained shape well to eat by hand. I suspect that perhaps your caramel did not mix well into the Other ingredients well. An alternate approach is first mixing the chips, coconut and nuts in a bowl ( I do this) , if your caramel gets a little too thick you can mix it with the ingredients in the bowl and then spread that over the shortbread. Make sense?

I did refrigerate and keep them refrigerated to maintain the integrity of the cut bars. If yours fall apart badly I’m not sure why. Mine cut and maintained shape well to eat by hand. I suspect that perhaps your caramel did not mix well into the Other ingredients well. An alternate approach is first mixing the chips, coconut and nuts in a bowl ( I do this) , if your caramel gets a little too thick you can mix it with the ingredients in the bowl and then spread that over the shortbread. Make sense?

We initially cut a couple bars to taste after the pan cooled down, but before we refrigerated the pan. Those bars were gooey, so we put the pan into the refrigerator before we cut any more bars. Then, after the pan cooled, we tried to cut bars off and they broke into little pieces. Still tasty and quited edible -- especially with a fork, Gary :emoji_blush:

My wife mixed the chips, coconut, and nuts in a bowl as you suggest. She reports that the caramel wasn't that thick. It poured easily over the shortbread and other ingredients. However, it did not penetrate all the way down to the shortbread, so we'll try mixing the caramel with the other ingredients and then spreading the whole thing over the shortbread next time. I suspect that if the caramel penetrates all the way down, the whole mixture would stick together better and the shortbread would stick to the mixture, making the bars easier to cut and more likely to hold together.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky