Keto Fathead Pizza night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Well had a long day of getting some grocery and Christmas shopping done and the stores were insane. Decided tonight would be some finger food and we haven't done this pizza crust in a couple months. Keto or not you might be surprised by this crust.

This is the ingredients for the crust. 12 oz. mozzarella, 4 tbsp cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups almond flour, 2 eggs, 1 tspn salt and 2 tspn white vinegar
doug ingredients.jpg

First up you melt the mozzarella cheese and the cream cheese in a bowl. I do it in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Stir it together to get a consistent mix.

cheese melted.jpg

Next up you add the balance of ingredients. I whip the eggs, salt and vinegar together and mix that in some first, then add the almond flour. Best is to use a mixer with a dough hook now as its pretty gooey. I was lazy today so just kept my hands well oiled and kneaded it in a nice dough. Must admit it was really sticky , problematic and caused a bit of cussing lol. Next time Ill get out the mixer. Below is one of the dough balls. I did double the batch listed above so that I could do two full sheet pizzas.
dough ready to roll .jpg

Next up you can roll it, hand press it or whatever method works best for you to roll it out in the pan. The best method for me today was by hand with a few choice words here and there :) Residual effect of the shopping craziness I guess. After its rolled out poke it all over with a fork. Again this is two batches of the recipe listed above.
crust ready to bake.jpg

Into the oven to bake at 400F for 15 - 20 minutes or until its begins to brown and is firm. That is a real key with this dough. You need to pre-bake it until i starts to brown nicely before you top it. This helps to get a nice finished dough texture. If you skip this and just top it and bake in one step its very mushy and not good. This is one of them finished. I had to put the other back in a for a bit more time.
crust browned.jpg

Topping time. Decided to go with chicken as the meat tonight. One will be a bbq chicken using G. Hughes Hickory bbq sauce, diced chicken , sauteed onion, bacon pieces and a blend of cheddar and Monterrey jack cheese. The chicken was lazy mans pre-made straight from GFS. The other pizza is a chicken parmigiana with chicken, a spicy marinara, a blend of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and a healthy sprinkling of oregano. Thought about adding some pepperoni to it and decided against it, more accurately my wife decided against it for me :)
toppings.jpg

I topped them both generously and put them back in the oven at 400F until the cheese was nice and melted.
two pizzas done.jpg

Well that's it. Wife tells me they are delicious and hard to pick a winner between the two. I like them both but am partial to the bbq chicken pizza. This will give some nice food for tonights Big 10 championship and some leftovers after. Thanks for looking! Always happy to answer any questions.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky