Keep the heat in my double barrel smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sshh

Original poster
Dec 28, 2015
Hello smokers, i want to keep the heat better on my double barrel smoker, is there any advice on how to do it?
I thought on claying the smoking barrel from inside

Any advice will be appriciated

Thanks

Last edited:
honestly i am not sure there is a problem, people keeps telling me because the barrel is thick it cannot keep the heat for long time.

for 4 hours of smoking i am using about 2 bags of coal and 3-4 woods (30cmx10cm) ,i think its too much.

thanks

Reactions: jricha5
Your losing heat because it's not insulated you can try wool a blanket. There are some made for smokers. Also you Lose heat though your transfer tubes. But is it that big of a deal. Try closing you're flues half way through size of those things are sucking the heat right out. Which is probably why your going though fuel so fast. Hope it works out for you. Nice looking build.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky