Kamado Joe - Big Joe Opportunity

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

devildawg

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
My local store is getting out of the KJ business and only carrying the BGE going forward. They have one Big Joe left that was actually a transfer from one of their other stores while it waited for some replacement parts. I am going to make them an offer tomorrow just to see how bad they want to get out of the KJ business.

Does anyone know the true value on these kamados? Amazon sellers have them listed at $1600 or so, but I am not sure if those are authorized dealers with full warranty.

Speaking of warranty, as my local shop is no longer going to carry, does anyone have any KJ warranty experience? And was it good? Assuming this is a never registered unit I would be the first one and covered by all warranties accordingly.

Thanks for the input and suggestions

KJ's warranty is mostly through their own main office. You just fill out a warranty claim on line and attach some pics and they take it from there. The new Big Joe's have a lot of improvements over the older versions, better spring assisted hinge, better gasket seal, lid latch, hence the higher price. How old is the BJ and what is it missing, that will dictate it's value? Does it have a single top grill or 2 half grills? They made a change a couple of years ago and went to what they call the Divide and Concur system, with half grill the allow two level cooking. That will give you an idea how old the version of the grill is and what to offer for it.

Reactions: devildawg
It’s new inventory, never been fired. It has the new style aluminum cap, divide & conquer split system, improved air-shock hinge and front latching upper.

Sounds like a winner. See how low you can get him to go, the lowest I know of is the Costco road show price and I think the Big Joe is going for $1499 with a cover and a box of starter sticks. If you get it you will never cook the same again. The BJ is a fantastic grill that will do about anything you can think of with a grill, low and slow smoking, hot grilling, baking and Pizza oven to name a few. I love mine and have had it for a while now, so it's the older version but I do have the divide and conquer system and I have added other accessories, like the Joetisserie.

Reactions: devildawg
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky