• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Just wondering

smokin woodys

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 4, 2013
Is it possible to freeze fattys and reheat them has anyone done this ??? Looking to try it

dougmays

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Nov 18, 2010
freeze them before cooking them? what is your goal here? If you dont want to cook them right away why dont you just wait till you want to cook them and prep and cook at that time?

smokin woodys

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 4, 2013
We are going away for the weekend don't want to haul smoker thought if I froze them I could just reheat them in the oven

dougmays

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Nov 18, 2010
ah now i see! I dont see why not.

you know what i would do if you have a vacuum sealer, you could cook them till done, let them rest and cool a bit then vacuum seal them with drippings and then boil those bags in water to reheat.

i do this with pulled pork and it tastes great, just like its fresh out of the smoker

flyboys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 14, 2007
Nope, I keep the water at a simmer, haven't had a problem doing it that way yet

dougmays

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Nov 18, 2010
nope it shouldn't burst. As Flyboys said once you get it to a boil decrease heat to a simmer

bigr314

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 4, 2011
Thanks Dougmays for the info on boiling the bags. I was poking a few holes in the bag and nuking. Your way seems like a much better outcome.

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011

Thanks Dougmays for the info on boiling the bags. I was poking a few holes in the bag and nuking. Your way seems like a much better outcome.
I do the same thing, boil the bags in hot water. Great also when you make a big batch of chili. You just take a bag out at a time from the freezer as you need it.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.