Just started Smoking Last year

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ksmith9

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 8, 2020
Howdy Everyone!

Wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kelly, I live in the Spokane area and for my 30th birthday last year my wife got me the Louisiana Grills vertical smoker from costco. I have been playing around with it last summer, but now I really want to get into doing my own sauces. I'm sure the Louisiana grills smoker is a popular machine, and so I am hoping for some TIPS or links to previously used topics that I can withdraw some wisdom from. What I have learned from using my smoker is that it seems 275 is a better temp to get tender ribs than 225 (the machine seems to cook at a lower temp than what is displayed). I have currently only used competition blend pellets so if anyone has use with the other blends that would be incredibly helpful. Also I don't seem to get that delectable bark on the ribs that I have had when made from a more seasoned veteran. I did a side by side cook of a brined rib and unbrined and it seemed like the unbrined was better (though that was at the lower temp which I believe to be not as useful). Also Has anyone tried using the smoking tubes in their smokers on top of the pellets? And if so how did that turn out?

Tubes in addition to pellet is pretty common here to boost smoke flavor. Definitely invest in a multi probe remote thermometer to manage your temps accurately.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky