Just pulled the trigger on my next smoker....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Monroe, NC USA
Hello SMF:
I just pulled the trigger on my next smoker. for those who don't know me well I have had several Lang smokers and just sold a 36 hybrid. I liked the concept of a hybrid but had mixed results with the smoker tube being so long and the grill being awkward and hard to get good use out of it. Still love Lang smokers. I did consider Horizon, Yoder, and TMG pits for my next smoker but in the end, I went with what I know and I ordered a Lang 48 with a wagon wheel cart (12" chrome mag wheels) and Stainless steel racks. I am stoked with my order i just have to 4-6 months for it to be built.

48-patio-deluxe_4wheels.jpg

Mine will look like this but won't have the deluxe warmer box on the back.

thanks for looking now we just wait...

Happy Smoking.
phatbac (Aaron)

Congratulations!

I really like the pit and the wheel package you have chosen. I know the wait is frustrating these days! I have a pit on order now myself and am only a few weeks into to what is likely a 18 week wait.

Looking forward to a full report when you get it seasoned and running!

Congratulations!

I really like the pit and the wheel package you have chosen. I know the wait is frustrating these days! I have a pit on order now myself and am only a few weeks into to what is likely a 18 week wait.

Looking forward to a full report when you get it seasoned and running!

thank you, I will have a full write up of the seasoning and first smoke!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: Alphonse
Sweat! Congrats.
I have not heard anything negative about Langs. But you know you have had several. Now the Looooong wait.

Yes sir a fine looking smoker there. Waiting to see it fired up after the wait to get it.

Warren
Hopefully, have it by the SMF gathering this year (if we have it) and can make some food for that!

Sweat! Congrats.
I have not heard anything negative about Langs. But you know you have had several. Now the Looooong wait.

the wait is the killer!

That's a beauty!!
thanks!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Now that's a RIG right there...

Looking at the wheel kit... do any of the tires turn for steering ?? Just wondering as I have a big Yamaha generator with four straight none steering wheels... It's only 200 lbs and it's a beast to try and steer it while moving... just thinking...

Is your wife going to name this one as well? Didn't you say before that your wife names all of your smokers?

G

we are already discussing names. she loves to name my smokers. the running joke is they are my mistress so my wife gets me and names all my mistresses. She is such a good woman!

Now that's a RIG right there...

Looking at the wheel kit... do any of the tires turn for steering ?? Just wondering as I have a big Yamaha generator with four straight none steering wheels... It's only 200 lbs and it's a beast to try and steer it while moving... just thinking...
yeah the turn on one side with a t-bar handle

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

The tires opposite the firebox turn. It is very easy to maneuver.
Yours was actually the inspiration for what i ordered. i saw a pic of your smoker online and said that's what i want! thanks!

Happy Smoking.
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: Dantij
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky