JUST GOT BUSTED!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 17, 2009
Hendertucky, Nv.
Just got a knock on the door from the apartment management. Aparrently I am in violation of smoking on my patio with wood fire smokers or grills. I didn't know that.
rolleyes.gif
 I guess someone started a fire on there balcony recently and ruined it for everyone. GOOD NEWS...I am allowed to use an electric grill/smoker. I thinking about making a fake electric cord to the UDS or just breaking down and getting a watt burner. Either way I'm done for a while or just late night smoke after the employees have gone home. Carp I have 2 loins in the cure right now, guess I'll have to midnight them. This sucks! Bad thing is if caught by the fire dept. it's 1500.00 fine that I dont want.

Last edited:
man that is depressing news, what kind of country is this? banning smoking, next they'll want our guns

I guess you have to move it to the bathroom and roll up a wet towel under the door!   turn the exhaust fan on high

OH they ain't kicking me down for good.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
 I'll just have to go electric, gonna start looking at them tomorrow. Another option is making my UDS into a watt burner. I ain't giving up my smoky goodness. The property manager is a sweet gal by the way, just doing her job. It's all about the fire dept and property insurance blah blah.

Me? I'd bring some smoked brisky to your local firefighters and ask them how to help you "change it back" in the interest of good food... ;)

OH they ain't kicking me down for good.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
 I'll just have to go electric, gonna start looking at them tomorrow. Another option is making my UDS into a watt burner. I ain't giving up my smoky goodness. The property manager is a sweet gal by the way, just doing her job. It's all about the fire dept and property insurance blah blah.

Do what you got to do, BUT, don't forget to treat the manager to some smoked goodies to keep her on your side.  Rules, rules and more rules mostly generated by the insurance complex wanting to restrict their liability.  They're so afraid of anything that will cut into their profits, like paying for legitimate claims.

man that is depressing news, what kind of country is this? banning smoking, next they'll want our guns

I guess you have to move it to the bathroom and roll up a wet towel under the door!   turn the exhaust fan on high
Wait, I thought he was busted for smoking meat

No propane or open fire, they just came back and gave me the riot act. There was an apparent previous infraction placed on my door a few weeks ago that I didn't receive. My neighbors are of non god fearing decent and are of the chicken dung type. They like Big "O" I'll stop there, with this post anyways. I'll just get a watt burner and procede as usual. My other 3 neighbors will still get treats.

or open fire  
 I would bust the next sob that lights a cigarette with a butane lighter. Even the Forest Service allows propane when the high country here is dam near explosive; but you can't smoke outside of a building or a car... You should be able to run propane on an apartment patio..

I would bust the next sob that lights a cigarette with a butane lighter. Even the Forest Service allows propane when the high country here is dam near explosive; but you can't smoke outside of a building or a car... You should be able to run propane on an apartment patio..
 I agree but gonna do it all legal.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
 Just like the neighbors should have registered there two vehicles and pay NEVADA insurance. Wait LAS VEGAS insurance.

You need one of the A-MAZE N smokers that Todd Johnson sells and a hot plate.  You will be turning out the good stuff again for under 40 bucks.  Convert and cook!

You need one of the A-MAZE N smokers that Todd Johnson sells and a hot plate.  You will be turning out the good stuff again for under 40 bucks.  Convert and cook!
That's on my plate, I'm still deciding right now.

I would check out your local Sam's Club and get a 40" MES and get the 3yr extended warranty, You will love it.  Easy to use and best of all it works great with an A-MAZE-N-SMOKER...

That sucks man i know your pain, i was in an apartment before my house and they had the same rules and then i had a new braunfels fsb smoker so that never got used and i was steamed!! Some idiot starting their patio on fire has ruined it for people with a brain in their head. I am curious on making your uds electric? Seems like your cheapest way to go.

I would check out your local Sam's Club and get a 40" MES and get the 3yr extended warranty, You will love it.  Easy to use and best of all it works great with an A-MAZE-N-SMOKER...
For some reason, the sam's club web page does not show any Masterbuilt products right now.  I did see them listed there on a web search a few days ago.  I wonder if they are dropping them (for the season)?

I lived in an apartment complex like that in Pa. It didn't take me long to make it back to Tn. I got 4 acres I can do any thing I d___ well please on. I can run all 4 smokers at once and burn garbage and brush too. Naked if I want too. I love living in the country. This is how America should be!

Reactions: brdprey
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky