JOWL BACON BURNT ENDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice piece of work Travis, love the raspberry/ tiger sauce combo, big Like! A lot of folks overlook jowl bacon because they just don't know any better. If it's cured and smoked right it's every bit as good as belly bacon. RAY
Thanks RAY! I agree! Jowl bacon is very over looked. Ive sliced it a fried it and I also use it a seasoning in beans/soups

Man those look good Travis, If they sold Jowls up here I'd have to try some.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! Surprisingly I can find them pretty easily......its the fresh non smoked ones I cant find. Would love to use some in some sausages!

Good looking BEs you got going on there Travis, yum! Never used smoked jowls like that, nice.

It just occurred to me that like skin on belly I could turn the skin on the jowls to chicharrone... Oh hell yeah, it's on!
I might join at do that this weekend.

I like Tiger sauce too, good stuff.
I wouldn't have thought it'd mix good with fruit, but I guess it's like my mixing SBR and Bulldog sauce, it worked out fantastically.

See here, the sharing here is a never-ending source of inspiration.
Thanks chile! You know what....... I had the same thought about the chicharones when I cut off the skin. I think the next time I do them for a large crowd and I have more of it I'll go ahead and start that process. I guess great minds think alike!

Reactions: chilerelleno
Beautiful! I would love to make some but in the same Boat as others. No local availability. I'm a fan of the fatty texture but I'm pretty much on my own there...JJ

Jowl is great. There used to be a big Mexican grocery store in my town that sold really good heavily smoked ones for around a 1.50/lb.

I'd never tried anything other than just slicing and using as bacon, wish I'd seen this post 5 years ago!!

tenor.gif

Jowl Bacon Burnt Ends FTW! Looks great Travis nice job!

Beautiful! I would love to make some but in the same Boat as others. No local availability. I'm a fan of the fatty texture but I'm pretty much on my own there...JJ
Thanks JJ! I love that fatty texture! These were good but they are so rich with fat I can only eat a few at a time. Most places here have the smoked jowls even Wal-Mart. But the fresh is hard to find.

Jowl is great. There used to be a big Mexican grocery store in my town that sold really good heavily smoked ones for around a 1.50/lb.

I'd never tried anything other than just slicing and using as bacon, wish I'd seen this post 5 years ago!!
if you ever cime across them again it's definatly worth a try!
You are killing me! These look great! Big Like!
Thank you disco!
Looks Awesome! I love tiger sauce!!!!!! Gotta try it!
Thanks! give them a try!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky