Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveyhunter

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Dubuque, Iowa
I love :P to make jerky out of deer and beef my favorite meat is bottom round from beef I can get it on sale here once in awhile for 1.29# usually it is 3.89. I was lucky enough one time to get an oven that my place of work threw away they used it for holding milk samples but the bearing froze up and they tossed it ask it I could have it fixed the bearing for the fan motor and it workes great I can set the temp at just about any temp. I just love Hi Mountain mandarin teriyaki, but I also make some using himountain cure and california seasoned pepper blend from Penzeys it is awsome see attachment of my dehyderator. It only takes about 2 hours to make a batch. I could easly do 25 to 30 #s at a time of raw meat.

Very nice.

I love the whole set up.

Momma wants me out of her kitchen and I would love to have a set up like this.

Does the oven get enough air movement in there to dry properly?
I have a friend in the "testing" business and will have a few of these ovens around. I will have to touch base with him to see if I could get an old one.

There is a fan in the bottom of the unit it blows air what ever temp you want across heat coils like hot plate coils up against the door and circulates it takes about 2 hours for a load I like it not so chewy but more soft leave in longer to make it more chewy, there is air vents on top and on the sides so that you can let moisture out, there is a thermometer on the top. It is a great set up and works great. I like to hook it up to a timer once in awhile because I like to fall asleep. :oops: any more question fell free to ask

Daveyhunter

Now thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s what iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m talkinâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] about! Do you do snack stick in there too? What are your temperature extremes? Looks like a nice setup…for the serious jerky entrepreneur!
wink.gif

Davy,
Looks like a great set up (and the price was right). I also like the location of your unit. Log construction is one of my favorites. It really looks good. Also, I like your grinder .... well done!

I have not tried sticks in it :( but I am sure it will do a good job. :P I saw one of these units on the internet for sale but can't remember the price I looked up american scientific products it is a forced air oven the temp ranges from 40 degrees celsius or 104 degrees fehrenheit to 200 degrees celsius or 392 degrees f. the reason I am saying celsius is the control knobs are in celsius. Thanks agin for compliments

Davey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky