Jerky with the LEM jerky cannon.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Got around to trying out this gadget.

P4090773.jpg

Picked up 5 pounds of 90/10 beef. And mixed in the the spices, cure, and water.

P4080765.JPG

Then loaded up the cannon. And made the jerky.

P4080766.JPG

And into the oven at 200 degrees. Turned them over at 75 minutes. And continued. The package said it would take 2.5 hours. Yeah, right!

P4090771.JPG
P4090772.JPG

Total cook time was 5.5 hours. The jerky tastes ok. Just a touch weak on spices in my opinion. The cannon is pretty easy to use. And works very well.
I'll get some different spice kits. And make more later.

Steve looks good I never made Jerky with my Cannon,but I have made a lot of sausage with it.
Richie

Looks pretty darn good Steve. Jerky Canons are pretty cool. I'm gonna shoot out some bare snack stick one of these days.

g
Got some Bloody Mary mix may try on

Looks good Steve! I thought about getting a jerky cannon, just to change the texture up once in a while.

Could use one of those sticks of jerky in a bloody mary right about now.

Like!

Reactions: Steve H
Looks good. Cannon does work pretty good. I still trying to find a recipe I like.
If haven't tried yet Disco's OFG jerky recipe is really good I think. Will certainly do again.

Nice looking jerky.

I love my Jerky gun. Great for sticks too.

Did you have your oven door cracked open? I have found it dried a little faster that way.

Looks good Steve! I thought about getting a jerky cannon, just to change the texture up once in a while.

Could use one of those sticks of jerky in a bloody mary right about now.

Like!

I'm thinking the same thing!

Nice looking jerky.

I love my Jerky gun. Great for sticks too.

Did you have your oven door cracked open? I have found it dried a little faster that way.
Thank you! Yes, I had the oven door cracked open. I'm thinking I might not have been moving the cannon quick enough. And the jerky was a bit thicker then it should have been.

looks good Steve, to bad you weren't thrilled with the flavor after, at least ya know the cannon works good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky