Jerky Medallions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ryan Titman

Original poster
Dec 14, 2018
Has anyone ever tried to make Jerky Medallions. I have only ever made pressed jerky, sliced jerky, summer sausage, and stick. Saw a picture of someone making Medallions but don't know any info on it. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 9.35.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 9.35.17 AM.png
    484.6 KB · Views: 64
Has anyone ever tried to make Jerky Medallions. I have only ever made pressed jerky, sliced jerky, summer sausage, and stick. Saw a picture of someone making Medallions but don't know any info on it. Thanks for the help.
Hi there and welcome!

That stuff in the picture looks to me like someone used ground meat. My guess is their process was to mix the ground meat with all the jerky seasoning, roll out the ground meat into a sheet, use a round cookie cutter to make "medallions", then dehydrate/smoke the medallions into jerky.

Very simple process. If I were to try and do the same thing I would simply make squares for simplicity. This way I didn't have to use a cookie cutter and deal with the meat between the "medallion" shapes. Squares would just mean you use the back end of a knife and press and separate a little bit and no meat to fool with between the squares that would need to get repressed and formed again :)

I hope this info helps! :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky