Jeff's Naked Rib Rub and Special Sauce Recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just made my first batch.

My question is this...it says "makes enough for 2 racks of ribs"

I have A LOT of rub here now. I swear I followed to a T

Yea it must be super sized racks or ribs
biggrin.gif

I make a triple recipe of rub and a quadruple recipe of sauce every couple of months.. I've adjusted it to my taste. Good stuff!

Do you find the quantity as accurate? or did I WAY overshoot an ingredient?

It fills 2 medium sized shakers....i'm not used to putting that much rib rub on two racks
icon_question.gif

A question. Can Jeff's recipes be easily...and successfully adjusted from being too spicy..specifically HOT....wife likes sweet and so do I!

If yes, I will order and support this great site and forum...and eat better at the same time!

Absolutely it can. It's a great rub the way it is, but can easily be adjusted to suit your tastes. I don't think you will be disappointed with it.

Just follow the directions to a T the first time you make it. Then if it is to spicy for your taste adjust each ingredient(s) that affect spice/heat the next time you make it. Keep good notes.. You should be able to dial it in to your taste.

Thanks, gents. Sounds like a "go".

I mean....after watching Jeff's great "how to smoke ribs" video and hearing his wife in the backround screaming out his name in the middle of the video, I felt sorry for him. I really felt the need to contribute after that!

NaggingWife.gif

Perhaps but...........I have a hard time understanding why having my head sweat while I'm eating is a good thing. I can't taste what I'm eating.

I guess it's all about what one's used to - at least I tried it!

You are exactly right Acemakr, to each their own. Everyone has their own tolerance for heat. Don't sweat what others say.

I too use turbinado sugar. I like it and that's my story! I do recomend the rubs. Go for it!

icon_mrgreen.gif

I bought the recipes a while back and I really like the rub, though I think my sauce recipe is better.

I'm a southern boy and like a little vinegar in my BBQ sauce (along with a little Maker's Mark).

If you pinch a little rub off of your ribs it is a little spicy, but eaten with the meat it is the perfect combination of spice & sweet! The kids will love it, I know mine do.

I mean....after watching Jeff's great "how to smoke ribs" video and hearing his wife in the backround screaming out his name in the middle of the video, I felt sorry for him. I really felt the need to contribute after that!

NaggingWife.gif
I did not see this post previously.. Hilarious!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

She teaches the kids at our home and I usually warn them that we are shooting video but apparently I forgot
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

I must have done something wrong the way she was yelling but at least she didn't call me by my full name.. if she does that, then I know I did something REALLY bad
icon_lol.gif

Oh, for Pete's sake!  LOL!!!!!  I'll never live that down!   First of all, I NEVER wear curlers in my hair like that--not where anyone can see me, anyway.  
cool.gif
Secondly, "screaming" is a little much--but I admit--I was frustrated.  I was looking for Jeff everywhere, and he was nowhere to be found.  I think he did tell me he was doing video that day, but I forgot!  
icon_redface.gif

NaggingWife.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky