JALAPENO POPPER BURGGER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Lol! Its been a while since ive made a good burger . add this one to my ever growing list of monster size burgers! Not my biggest one but definitely need to loosen the belt a notch for this one!

Started out as always toasting a couple buns
0103212027_HDR.jpg

The top halves got a nice amount of cream cheese spread on them
0103212053a.jpg

Next up I roasted, peeled and de-seeded some jalapenos
0103212043.jpg

Then to add a little sweet I carmilized some sweet onion.
0103212027.jpg

This next step is truly what made this burger awesome! Some of tx smoker tx smoker very own bacon. From what he told me he used some of jeffs rub on this batch. When I cut open the pack I was blown away by the wonderful aroma! I new this was going to be good. Sliced to the perfect thickness as well!

Into the pan
0103211833b_HDR.jpg

The burgers were 6oz. pattys and seasoned with jeffs texas rub....ive been using it a lot on beef. Its real good stuff!
0103212118.jpg

Used my new weber kettle on this cook. I'm really digging the kettle! Tried to get a few pics but had some pretty bad lighting since it was a late cook.
0103212143.jpg

Here it is all assembled.
Carmilized onion, American cheese,roasted jalapenos, beautiful bacon, and cream cheese!
0103212220.jpg

This was a great burger! It definitely had the pepper popper flavor going for it. The onions added a nice sweet to it and the bacon..... Oh my the bacon!Roberts bacon is fantastic! It was for sure the star of this burger!
By the way this one was a complete mess trying to eat!! Dont try and eat one of these in public! Best done at home with the lights dimmed! Lol!
Thanks for taking a look!

tenor.gif

Hell of a burger Travis! Man I bet it was delicious especially if Robert was nice enough to gift you some of his bacon. Big LIKE

Geez Travis, you wouldn't even need any fries with that, beautiful burger! RAY
tenor.gif

Well well well Travis...I've been wondering what you were gonna use some of that bacon for. I guess I should have known :emoji_laughing: That is without a doubt one amazing looking creation. I'd do my best to devour it but have my doubts as to my level of success.

The bacon making process was learned right here from some of the great folks who contribute to this forum. I've tried several different flavor profiles but I will say this one is at the top of the list...and you're right about the aroma. It is tantalizing to say the least and the first thing I noticed when it was done curing. It was seasoned with Jeff's Original rub. Wait till you see the bacon project I have going right now, which is a different species of meat and seasoned with Jeff's Texas rub. If this one comes off as planned it could be a game changer for me. I'll keep you posted as things transpire.

Robert

Hell that’s a big burger Travis! I beat the homemade bacon from Robert takes it over the top!

Just undim the lights when I come looking for a bite of that. I won’t judge.

Reactions: jcam222
Well well well Travis...I've been wondering what you were gonna use some of that bacon for. I guess I should have known :emoji_laughing:
Yes you should have......buttttt...I still have one more in the works! Lol!
I'd do my best to devour it but have my doubts as to my level of success.
now now come on man...i believe I remember a post of one massive steak that was devoured(except for a couple bites) plus sides...you could do it! I would cheer you on the whole way too! Lol!
Wait till you see the bacon project I have going right now,
cant wait! I'll be watching for that one!!

Hell yeah Travis. That looks delicious. Need to get you one of these crowns to wear when you cookView attachment 478709
Lmao!! Thanks Jake!
Looks great. Now this a burger is order at a restaurant.
Thanks if I could find a restaurant around here that would serve burgers like this id be in trouble! Lol
Wow just Wow do you dial 911 before or after eating?
Looks awesome for sure man.

Warren
Thanks Warren ! Typically I call before.....i live out in the boonies so it takes a while for them to get here!

Reactions: HalfSmoked
Hell that’s a big burger Travis! I beat the homemade bacon from Robert takes it over the top!

Just undim the lights when I come looking for a bite of that. I won’t judge.
Thanks! That bacon is the real deal! And I guess as the old motel 6 commercials go..... I'll leave the light on for ya! Lol!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky