Jalapeno Griller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes. Holes, or maybe its the peppers, are never the right size. Sometimes the peppers fit. Sometimes they don't. I usually end up cutting them open lengthwise and filling them Iike boats, place bacon on top and toothpick them.

Yes. Holes, or maybe its the peppers, are never the right size. Sometimes the peppers fit. Sometimes they don't. I usually end up cutting them open lengthwise and filling them Iike boats, place bacon on top and toothpick them.

:yeahthat: Same here.

Red

Last edited:
The wife and I have a soft spot for fun and goofy kitchen and BBQ gadgets. But I'm with Chuckles and SeenRed, I usually just split them lengthwise. Now if you want a funnel cake maker that's never been used, let me know!

One thing I did not explain too clearly. I stated that I cut them lengthwise, but I don't cut them down the middle. I usually only slice off a side. Maybe 1/3 the thickness of the pepper. This lets the sides of the boat curve in a bit and holds the filling better. Sometimes, I finely chop the part I slice off and mix some of it with the filling. I really like cubed Colby, and then filled with a mixture of cream cheese, onion flakes (IMO it kind of binds the filling together) and some of the chopped jalapeno. I save the remaining chopped jalapeno for omelets.

Thanks for the feedback. I may consider some aluminum expanded metal bent accordingly.

I have never made ABT's. And, I would have cut them in half. But, I'll use Chuckles' tip.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I may consider some aluminum expanded metal bent accordingly.

I have never made ABT's. And, I would have cut them in half. But, I'll use Chuckles' tip.
Victor,  Try These!

21  Jalapenos

1    Block Cream Cheese

1T  Neely's Rub*

1    Can Minced Clams

1t   Minced Garlic

1    Handful Crumpled Blue Cheese

1    Handful Chopped Mushrooms

1T  Honey

*Neely's Rub

1/2 C Paprika

1/4 C White Sugar

1t      Onion Powder

Enjoy!

John

John,

Thanks for the recipe. I will certainly try it out. I was going to purchase a jalapeno griller like the one posted above. I liked the appearance of it in that it has "presentation virtues". However, the tightwad that I am; I just can't see paying $45-$50 bucks for it.

So, this morning I procured some flat aluminum plates that I will put stainless steel hardware on for footing, and drill several holes with a holesaw. Since I have 8 plates of this stock that is 11" x 13", I will bore different size holes to accomodate different size peppers. I'm really not sure what size holes I want to use at this time. I'm open for suggestions. And, I'll also make a small template of the hole size to take to the store so I can handpick appropriate size peppers. These plates won't be snazzy lookin', but they will be functional. I'm really anxious to try it out.

Victor, some how I missed your post 3 weeks ago about making your own. I like the way you think. I wish I had your talent and tools. Have you made this yet? If so, how'd it work out? Patent pending? How bout some photos.

They had some jalapeño holders on clearance from home depot this week. They hold 12 and where $2.33 each so I bought 2.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I've got one, a different brand, as I prefer my jalapenos not to be wrapped in bacon.  As much as I love bacon, when you wrap your stuffed peppers in bacon you tend to lose the "taste" of whatever stuffing you used.  I tend to taste the bacon and a bit of the pepper, everything else is lost.  This is the reason I went with the stand up, cut the top off, core the inside and stuff, griller.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky