Jalapeños On The Half-Shell

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cody_Mack

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 8, 2021
Fulshear, TX
With the Holidays and Holiday parties upon us, here’s an hors d'oeuvre platter that will be a sure hit at your gathering, or another gathering you are attending: My Infamous Jalapeños On The Half-Shell! (well maybe not mine, but at all our gatherings it is requested that Rick brings them)

8 oz cream cheese and 16 oz cooked breakfast sausage mixed together. Whole pickled jalapeños sliced, de-seeded and washed. One large can (26 oz) of peppers will be close to making a batch, but you might need two. If it’s a large party go ahead and get two or three cans, and double the cream cheese and sausage. That will make approximately 60 – 80 stuffed peppers.

1670256755611.png

Soften the cream cheese, brown the sausage and drain fat. Mix the two together to a fine mix, breaking up the large clumps of sausage. I use a heavy kitchen fork for this (I actually use this fork for much of my baking and other mixing tasks rather than pulling out the hand mixer).

1670256725688.png

Rinse the peppers, slice then remove the seeds and membrane. I do this under a slow stream of cold water, just using my thumb and scrape it out with one shot. Never had a problem with burning, but you can surely use a glove for this task. Dry the peppers on paper towels.

With a small spoon, generously stuff mixture into peppers as shown. Take a little time to make them presentable. Arrange on your favorite serving dish, and top with the carrots (comes with the can of peppers) to add some color.

1670256837018.png

Here's a large batch:

1670256885148.png

Chill then serve.

Bon Appétit, or as we say in the south, Y’all Dig In!

Wow! That looks awesome! Thank you for the idea and recipe, giving me a lot of motivation for a go! Thank you for sharing! Points!

Reactions: Cody_Mack
Ok, you got me hook, line, and sinker on those. They look fantastic and don't appear to be overly difficult to put together. Can't thank you enough for posting this....and yes, I have every intention of stealing it :emoji_laughing:

Robert

I’ll give these a go for sure. I have very often stuffed fresh jalapeños like this and wrapped in bacon. Have never done with the pickled peppers. Adding to the always growing list. Thanks for sharing

Wow! That looks awesome! Thank you for the idea and recipe, giving me a lot of motivation for a go! Thank you for sharing! Points!
Thanks Jed. Not sure where that recipe came from; all I remember is one day I was making them...LOL

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
Ok, you got me hook, line, and sinker on those. They look fantastic and don't appear to be overly difficult to put together. Can't thank you enough for posting this....and yes, I have every intention of stealing it :emoji_laughing:

Robert
One reason we are all here, Robert; sharing the wealth (well, knowledge). I have learned so much from you guys and gals the short time I have been hanging around.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky