ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Its definitely that time of year around here for cold smoking. I stopped by an Aldi on the way home and picked up a few blocks to do tomorrow.
20191108_191254.jpg

About 12lb. Ill share more pics in process tomorrow.

Nice haul Sowsage, I probably did close to 30lbs so far. You should be good if you don't have to share those 12lbs.

Nice haul Sowsage, I probably did close to 30lbs so far. You should be good if you don't have to share those 12lbs.
Lol. Yea im going to do more. This stuff here will be given away as gifts around Christmas time. I learned that thae hard way when i first started doing cheese lol!

Never. Gotta give it a go. I do have an AMPS and a MES40 I never use that I could try it out in.
Yea give it a go! I love this time of year for cold smoking. All kinds of things you can do! We love to do hard boiled eggs and the make deviled eggs with them. The list of cold smoke items is long. !

Reactions: jcam222
That ought to keep you in cheese for a while.
Today is the first cool 77 degrees day we have had this year.
I'm getting close to cheese & lox making season!!
Al

That ought to keep you in cheese for a while.
Today is the first cool 77 degrees day we have had this year.
I'm getting close to cheese & lox making season!!
Al
Lox is one thing that is on my list of things to do. I've never done it and I've always wanted to give it a try.

looks like your going to have some good eats there, nice selection! can't wait to it finished

looks like your going to have some good eats there, nice selection! can't wait to it finished
Good eats for sure! Today is the day to smoke. Was planing on yesterday but the wife had to work and the kids kept me busy. On the bright side of that ,i did take them to the grocery and scored a bunch of baby backs and tenderloins buy one get on free! Lol!

Well i finally got them in e smoker yesterday about 3.5hr smoke.
20191110_161639.jpg
19354.jpeg
19383.jpeg

Put in the fridge last night. Ill vac pack everything after work tonight. Then we wait...and wait...the hardest part!

Nice color! I need to get a batch going. Christmas is around the corner...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky