It's garden time again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DougE

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
With the last frost about out of the way, it's time to get the garden ready to plant. I got my first go with the tiller done today, but I won't plant most of it for a week or so. We about always get our last frost in the beginning of May.

Let's see some gardens!!!!

Here's mine
1651524304137.png

I'm done.Just roto-tilled the last one and have a nice bed of grass going!

I'm done.Just roto-tilled the last one and have a nice bed of grass going!
If I didn't have the tractor to do the majority of my tilling, I'd probably just grow a few tomatoes.

Nice garden, the deer would have a field day here. I just started some ghost pepper seeds and other herbs in the aero garden and plant them later.

Reactions: chopsaw
I just started some ghost pepper seeds and other herbs in the aero garden and plant them later.
For the transplant do you use the starter seed insert , or the regular one ?
I waited to long with mine , and don't want to mess up the reapers . Picking plenty of Jalapenos . A lot of blooms on the reapers , no peppers yet .

For the transplant do you use the starter seed insert , or the regular one ?
I waited to long with mine , and don't want to mess up the reapers . Picking plenty of Jalapenos . A lot of blooms on the reapers , no peppers yet .
Have no idea, first time for me. I will probably screw it up in the "hardening stage". I might have to get some plants from a local pepper head that I found last year.

Ok . They sell a seed starter plate for them too . Has more holes in it .

Ok . They sell a seed starter plate for them too . Has more holes in it .
hmmmmm, never saw that. I was actually thinking setting up a hydroponic system in the basement. Although with all my fish tanks down there, I probably should not add anymore humidity down there...

My garden is currently on a table in my office with a grow light. Maybe soon it will warm up!

Ryan

Yikes, Doug! WTH?

I'm only doing 3 tomato plants this year (another thread). But I do have several starts of Nadapenos popping up from seed. They're like jalapenos, but without the heat. We'll see how they do. Seed were hard to find, and they seem to be growing pretty slowly. Took 2 weeks just to germinate.
I used to buy the peppers from a farmer near me, but he either died or sold the farm a couple years ago.

Dang bud what happened? Lol

Yikes, Doug! WTH?

I'm only doing 3 tomato plants this year (another thread). But I do have several starts of Nadapenos popping up from seed. They're like jalapenos, but without the heat. We'll see how they do. Seed were hard to find, and they seem to be growing pretty slowly. Took 2 weeks just to germinate.
I used to buy the peppers from a farmer near me, but he either died or sold the farm a couple years ago.
angle grinder to the knee yesterday.

• Sad
Reactions: TH-n-PA
DOHHHHHHHHH... as Homer would say ...
Yeah, something like that. I've been using these things most of my life, and probably had a few close calls, it's the first time I got bit, though, and when I do something, I do it right. It was just one of them things. The cutoff wheel hung, grinder flew out of my hands and into my knee. I should have gotten them to do a little repair work while they were at it since I already had it cut open for them.

Will need a new pair of pants. Guessing the knee is cut out and the backside is a little dirty after that one. Glad you didn’t hit a main vein and are healing.

Reactions: DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky