Italian style chicken...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...or a different version of chicken parmesan, just not breaded and fried. I had some boneless thighs in the freezer and decided that I would do something Italian with them since my wife loves Italian food. So here's the lineup...
20220108_161159.jpg

Mixed about 1 1/2 cups of ricotta with about an equal amount of the shaved blend, added about 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning and set aside...
20220108_161611.jpg

Next I seasoned the thighs with garlic powder and a little salt. The cheese has plenty of salt so I'm careful not to add too much. Heat up a couple of tablespoons of EVOO in the skillet and in they go to brown for several minutes...
20220108_163412.jpg

Once browned on one side, I flipped them over, spread the cheese mixture over the top, and spoon the marinara sauce over and around them. Into a 375℉ oven uncovered to bake until the thighs are 170℉-180℉ or so internal, maybe 30 minutes...
20220108_164627.jpg

Cover them with shredded mozzarella cheese and back in the oven for a few to melt...
20220108_173241.jpg

20220108_173814.jpg

Served with bowtie pasta with some sauce spooned over it, garlic bread, and a simple salad on the side. Time to eat...
20220108_180134.jpg

My "retired" wife had to work last night and she loves Italian food, so...

All I can say is WOW!! That looks and sounds fantastic. A+ for creativity and a meal extremely well done. No way in the world would I turn down a plate of that.

Robert

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
What's not to like? Creative, fairly simple, not overly time consuming, and absolutely delicious looking. Adding yet another recipe to my bookmarks. Points for sure.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
All I can say is WOW!! That looks and sounds fantastic. A+ for creativity and a meal extremely well done. No way in the world would I turn down a plate of that.

Robert
Thank you, Robert. I always appreciate your kind words...
Looks incredible! Great work! Im sure you had a very happy "retired" wife!
Thank you, Jed. She retired at the end of November, but officially January 1.
Looks good. Glad your taking good care of your hardworking "retired" wife!
Jim
Thanks, Jim. My wife is a critical care nurse and almost exclusively takes care of post open heart patients. Like many professions these days, there is a shortage and an urgent need. She's working PRN one, maybe two, weekends a month and she's always liked weekends and night shift.
Nice! I have boneless/skinless thighs in the freezer I was wondering what to do with. Now I know :emoji_blush:
Thanks, smokey. I had the thighs in the freezer, too. I love them grilled or deep fried, but wanted to do something different. If I was to do anything different, I would add more marinara, wasn't quite enough sauce for the noodles for some folks.
That's a great meal bud . Nice job .
Chop, thank you for your kind words.
All Looks Mighty Tasty, from here!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thank you, Bear.
What's not to like? Creative, fairly simple, not overly time consuming, and absolutely delicious looking. Adding yet another recipe to my bookmarks. Points for sure.
Doug, it is really simple and easy. I had everything at the house except the ricotta which I "borrowed" from my best friend.
Made my mouth water! Love ricotta cheese. Gonna be coming back to this thread real soon!
Try it out, Travis and let me know what you think. Thank you...

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky