Italian Chicken and Basil Sausage with Sundried Tomatoes and Asiago Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks beautiful! Nice looking links! Almost as if you maybe have made a few or few thousand that is!

Ryan

Man you are the Sausage King! Looks great.
I do love making sausage... I am a man on a the ultimate trip to flavor town now that I have learned how to make salamis! As a super taster, I'm always exploring how to achieve that next layer of flavor...I have found that in salami. Wave after wave of flavor hits after each chew....its like flavor nirvana.

Great looking links! Like!
Thanks uncle eddie!

WOW!
That looks incredible!
Would love to taste it!
Al
Thanks Al!
Make a batch...trust me, you will not regret it!

NICE!! That looks amazing!
Thanks Gator!

IDS, Nice looking batch of sausage !
Thanks crazy!

Nice job indi as always. Amazing looking sausage I could going for a sammie with fried onions and sweet peppers. I have no problem with chicken sausage either.

Warren

Nice job indi as always. Amazing looking sausage I could going for a sammie with fried onions and sweet peppers. I have no problem with chicken sausage either.

Warren
Thanks Warren...it has a great texture and awesome flavor profile. Would be real good smothered down with onions and peppers!

Saw this one on 2 Guys and a Cooler Celebrate Sausage Series 2021:

I had a little Asiago on hand, had some garden sun dried tomatoes I needed to use up, and with winter coming my basil plant is about to die. Didn't hurt that there was a sale on chicken leg quarters for $0.37/#....

So last night I made this. And WOW! Let me tell you...flavor explosion! Rocket ship to a flavor universe! Incredible recipe!
View attachment 514896
View attachment 514897
*note- I did not have High heat NFDM powder on hand. I used low heat NFDM and added 3 whole eggs to 3 kg. of meat paste to help with the bind. I also added STPP @ 0.25%

I made 3kg. of sausages..

I make something very similar also using Asiago, really goes well with this type sausage. I also save some of the mix for burgers, try it ....you'll like it...
This is the first I've heard of High heat NFDM/ Low heat. Can you explain the difference?

Perfecto! Looks very nice and I am sure it tastes wonderful.... And yes, you are right about chicken skin: chicken (and pork) skin contain about 35% of collagen - it has to be part of a sausage......
Yep. I have been playing awhile with thighs and skin as a sub for veal in weisswurst and very happy with my results. I was convinced it would be fail and skin would be a problem but not so.

Looks great! indaswamp indaswamp plan on making some of these soon! Might keep some loose for meatballs for italian wedding soup I've been craving.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky