It Was Bound TO Happen

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Last Saturday I was smoking a couple of turkeys and in the course of pulling them out of the smoker my food probe fell into the fire.

I have misplaced the Customer Service Number that came with my Mavrick ET-73 Themometer and I'm hoping that you folk that use the same thermo can help be out in this regard. The wife has given me the ok to order a new unit but all I really need is a replacement probe.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Good Morning Earl!
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. The information you are looking for is:

Attn Customer Service
Maverick Industries, Inc.
94 Mayfield Ave.
Edison, NJ 08837

Telephone 732 417 9666
Hours: Wee kdays 8:30 - 4:30

Thanks Bill. I'll be giving them a call.

Finally got around to making the call. My new probes arrived the other day. The leads look a bit longer than the original probes. Going to break them in on my 4 butt smoke this Saturday.

The gal that took my order seemed to be more a sleep than awake. She took down all pertinant info.-My name, thermo type and credit card number and was all set to hang up til I asked her if she wanted my address- Oh well-that's Customer No-service for ya'.

I have learned to keep a couple of extra probes for my Nu-Temps, as the leads tend to wear from the smoker doors. Nothing is worse than not being able to use your remote!

My problem isn't falling in the fire

My problem is canine in nature.

I found my Nu Temp remote under the bush, but never found the probe. I will sometimes find one while mowing, and its licked clean.

Since I didnt find the last one, I don't think I want to.

PS 98.6* is "normal" for a human. Wanna know a dog's average temp?

Yuck!

Friday night while I was preping the butts for the Saturday AM smoke, I pulled the probes from the shipping envelope and discovered that they sent me two food probes-the short one that comes with the unit and one with the longer heavier lead. My chamber probe still works so I'm fine with that.
I did find that the plugs will not seat properly in the thermo with the rubber gasket in place. Once I trimmed the rubber flush with the thermo, it seated just fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky